Hi there, we are Two Birds Design! We are a boutique interior design firm in Toronto and we are looking for a rock star draftsperson to join our team! Our ideal candidate has over five years experience working in an interior design or architectural firm in Canada, preferably Ontario. We need someone who is highly motivated and can work independently to bring our designs to life.
Work Experience: Minimum five years working experience in interior design or construction detailing and extensive AutoCAD experience
Education: Graduated from a recognized Interior Design or architectural Diploma or Bachelor Degree program in North America
Main responsibilities are:
- Site measures and drafting existing floor plans and exterior elevations
- Developing proposed plans and elevations in AutoCAD and edit and work on files prepared by other designers
- Develop full working drawings including construction plans, demolition plans, proposed plans and detailed elevations for custom millwork, tile layouts, fixture locations for installation to mention a few.
- Understand layer formatting, line weights and conform to our templates
- Able to create 3D renderings in Google Sketchup or equivalent program
- Ability to render elevation drawings using Photoshop or equivalent program
- Extensive and recent experience in AutoCAD
- Able to send recent examples of residential plans elevations and renderings
- Working knowledge of the OBC
- Knowledge of ergonomic standards
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Interior Design or related field
- Knowledgeable in Adobe Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Able to manage project time schedules
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strengths in both working independently and working in teams
- This is a contract position working for our company with full time hours within the hours of 9 – 5 Monday to Friday. You must have own HST number and will be responsible for tracking your time spent on each task per project invoicing for your time on a biweekly basis.
- Work from home
- This position is a freelance position where you keep track of your time per task and project and invoice us the associated hours bi -weekly
- Ability to work as much as you like as there is a lot of work to do!
Location: Remotely and on various project sites. Must have own vehicle and be available to travel to site visits when needed.
Job Type: Subcontractor, Full time
Salary: $27.00 to $30.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27.00-$30.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
We do meet with clients in person and wear masks during site visits.
- Construction detailing: 5 years (required)
- English (required)
Work Location: On the road
Application deadline: 2023-02-06