Early Childhood Educator
(Part-Time, Substitute Position)
- Valid ECE BC license to practice.
- Valid Childcare First Aid Certificate (and CPR).
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse families and population including: Elders, Métis community members and agencies, with a client/family-centered approach.
- Clear criminal record check.
- Three written current references.
- Up to date immunization information.
- Strong team player.
- Six months experience working with children in a group care setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of developmentally appropriate practices and child growth and development.
- Experience planning programs, implementation and evaluation through pedagogical narration.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Métis and other Indigenous Cultural Practices and traditions an asset.
- Competitive extended healthcare benefits package.
- Vacation pay/sick days.
- Professional Development opportunities.
- Closed all statutory holidays.
- Accessible location.
- New, beautiful, natural centre.
- Island Métis Child Care Center located at 1581 Church Avenue, Victoria.
A complete Job Description can be provided upon request.
Schedule of work is 20 hours per week, performed Monday to Friday within the hours of 7:15 AM to 5:15 PM. Schedule to be set in collaboration with the Child Care Manager and based on program need. Hourly rate starts at $25.19 per hour.
In accordance with Section 41 of the Human Rights Act, preference may be given to persons of Métis ancestry. This position is open to male, female and gender diverse applicants.
This posting is open until the positions are filled.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: From $25.19 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Personal Protective Equipment available (gloves, gowns, face masks, hand sanitizer, face shields), staff required to social distance, vaccinations encouraged.
- How many years as Early Childhood Educator experience do you have? (deal breaker)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (required)
- First Aid Certificate (required)
- ECE BC Certificate (required)