Hours per shift: 4-6 hours
Days: Monday, Wednesday, Fridays
Salary: Negotiable. Commensurate with experience
- Current license with Sonography Canada
- Current license with ARDMS
- BLS certification
- Minimum 1-year experience in a similar role performing echocardiograms
- Experience with contrast echocardiography (agitated saline, contrast agents)
- Has experience working with a GE platform
- Able to work independently and as part of the inter-professional team
- Demonstrated proficiency in digital image acquisition, study interpretation, and report generation as per American Society of Echocardiography standards
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs high-quality diagnostic ultrasound testing, ensures excellent image quality, and provides accurate information to assist the Cardiologist with the diagnosis and treatment of patients. You will summarize test results and generate preliminary reports for cardiologist interpretation.
- Applies independent judgment and critical thinking during the examination to ensure that all appropriate data is accurately captured.
- Greets the patient, ensuring patient identification.
- Explains the test procedure easing patient anxieties and answers all questions they may have regarding the exam.
- Maintain safety and patient confidentiality throughout the study.
- Observes the patient during the diagnostic procedure, making note of any symptoms or changes in vital signs, and summons medical aid when necessary.
- Uses proper patient preparation, equipment settings, and correct interpretation techniques to ensure patient comfort and safety, prevent compromised data acquisition, and ensure accuracy.
- Ensures patient information is accurate in the diagnostic machines and EMR.
- Follows procedures for proper equipment maintenance are completed following department standards.
- Ensures equipment and instruments are performing efficiently and effectively.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly condition and ensures the examination rooms are properly supplied, equipped, and operational before, during, and after each shift.
- Works with an interdisciplinary team and other support staff to provide optimal patient care.
Job Type: Part-time
- 4 hour shift
- Day shift
- Morning shift
- No weekends
Virtual interview, in Person
- Echo Tech: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-03-01