Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Engineering and Field Level VI
Property Services Branch
Who we are?
The work we do has a positive impact on our communities and helps improve the everyday lives of New Brunswickers. Together, we are over 45,000 New Brunswickers who are passionate problem-solvers, who make a difference and are proud to call New Brunswick home.
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure's mission is to contribute to New Brunswick's economy and quality of life by providing and supporting sustainable infrastructure that allows for the safe and efficient movement of people, goods and government services to the public. Not only is the department responsible for managing over 18,000 kilometers of provincial highways, it also manages the planning, design and construction of hospitals, schools and other government buildings.
What you will do?
Reporting to the Land Survey Supervisor of the Right-of-Way Management Unit, the successful candidate will be responsible for
- Researching property boundaries and ownership property from all available sources;
- preparing survey plans in accordance with the Association of New Brunswick Land Surveyors and the New Brunswick Department of Transportation and Infrastructure (NBDTI) standards;
- surveying legal boundaries with various surveying equipment, ascertaining legal access to properties, drafting and preforming survey calculations in various CAD programs, writing and checking legal survey descriptions;
- producing legible, accurate field notes and organizing project files;
- Providing legal survey technical assistance and various office management duties required by the Land Survey Supervisor in support of delivering the department's Capital Construction Program;
- Co-ordinating legal and topographic surveys, field inspection of properties for building condition and/or encroachments.
- Office location: 440 King Street, Fredericton
- Open office layout
- Standard hours of work: Monday - Friday
- We promote a scent-reduced environment.
- Some travel within the Province will be required.
Who you are?
Key behavioural competencies:
- Concern for Order
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Ability to Use Office Technology, Software and Applications
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Written Communication
- Diploma from a two (2) year Civil Engineering or Surveying Technology program;
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible related work experience;
- Must be a member, or be eligible for membership, in the New Brunswick Society of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists;
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal along with strong problem solving and organizational skills;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid class 5 driver's license as issued by the Province of New Brunswick.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability.
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration.
- Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
- Please ensure that your preferred language of assessment is identified in your résumé.
Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate the following asset:
- Ability to Use Microsoft Office software, Leica LGO Global Positioning System and Carlson Survey Solution software.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application the asset qualification in addition to the essential qualifications to be given further consideration.
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure offers:
- Meaningful work and the opportunity to support New Brunswickers in times of need.
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development, and training.
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, Health and Dental Plan, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services.
SALARY: $1,960.00 to $2,465.00 bi-weekly, based on 36.25 hours per week.
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health and safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health and safety.
How to apply?
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by e-mail to [email protected] or by mail at the following address by February 8, 2023, indicating competition number 2022-D55-07. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Human Resources Branch
P. O. Box 6000, Fredericton NB E3B 5H1
Telephone: (506) 453-3939
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.
Check out what it is like to work at the Government of New Brunswick, where we are working together as One Team One GNB to improve the lives of New Brunswickers every day!
Let's connect. You belong here.