With your “think like a guest, act like an owner” mentality, you have a passion for providing exceptional guest service. Reporting to the Sales & Event Leader, the Event Porter plays a vital role in coordinating the seamless execution of all events, banquets, meetings, and weddings.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Assist in the setup of the event as per the BEO, including but not limited to, tables, chairs, linens, equipment, table setups, electronics, bars, and food stations
- Ensure all event and public areas are clean and tidy
- Monitoring all events for any additional requirements
- Assist in food service, by serving plated food to guests and restocking
- Assist in the takedown and clean-up of the event, ensuring everything is returned to it’s proper area
- Addressing all guest requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Graciously handling all guest concerns in a timely manner, alerting the Manager and involving them when necessary
- Stocking and maintaining all products. Inform Manager of any low/out of stock inventory
- Complying with all legislative requirements and internal standards, policies, and procedures while upholding the company’s core values
- All other duties as required
The “must haves”:
- A passion for the tourism industry
- Required certifications to responsibly server alcohol (based on your province)
- Positive and energetic personality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Great organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Physical ability to repeatedly push, pull and lift up to 50lbs as well as stand, bend, twist and stretch for long periods of time
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills with the ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Confident in striking up conversation and connecting with guests in a positive and upbeat manner
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Qualified applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, possess a valid work or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
The “nice to haves”:
- Previous event, banquet, or restaurant experience
- Basic food and beverage knowledge
What you can expect from us:
- A positive, open working environment with a stable, loyal team who love to promote inclusivity while having fun at work
- A growing company with opportunities for advancement, relocation, and development
- A robust benefits package, for qualifying employees, that includes dental and medical coverage
- Annual, corporate wide, salary and wage reviews
- Enrollment in the employee discounted rates program for use at any of the Bellstar Hotels & Resorts managed properties
After signing up, you will be sent an email with instructions on how to connect.
Please be prepared to join the virtual interview from a quiet place using a desktop or mobile device with a working speaker, microphone, and camera. Check to see if your network connection can support an online session. A plugged in ethernet cable or a strong WiFi network signal will help avoid time delays during your conversation.
What to prepare
- Bring your smile and position(s) you may be interested in
Preferred dress code
Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable)
About Solara Resort and Grande Rockies Resort by Bellstar Hotels & Resorts
Come work and play in the Canadian Rockies! Year round or temporary positions available!
Here at Bellstar, we are looking for team members who try to make every stay an unforgettable experience for guests. The summer season is still busy, so we are currently hiring for the following properties:
- Canmore, AB - A hikers paradise! Explore the Rocky Mountains through hiking, biking and kayaking! We are currently hiring for both properties in Canmore, Solara Resort and Grande Rockies Resort.
- Subsidized staff accommodation for full-time Associates who are relocating to the area
- Flexible scheduling so you can enjoy the outdoors during our time with us
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Travel discounts throughout North America for you, your friends and family
- Medical & Dental Benefits for full time year-round employees
- Co-op placements and skill development for future hospitality professionals
We are for you if:
You like working closely with a team. You are friendly, patient, and calm under pressure. You love learning new things, trying out new outdoor adventures, and working with like-minded, supportive, and fun individuals. You communicate clearly, speak well, and aren't afraid of a fast-paced workplace. If this sounds like you, we can’t wait for you to join our team!
What is a virtual interview?
Virtual interviews help employers connect with job seekers when they're not in the same physical location. Since hiring is a human process, employers would like to talk with you online (chat, video, or phone) to see if you meet the requirements for the job.