Company: Peninsula Employment Services Limited
Location: Toronto, ON
Type of Employment: Full Time/Permanent
Hours of Work: 37.5/week
Working Days: Monday - Friday
Peninsula Canada is a provider of external HR and OHS solutions; including: employment relations, health and safety advice; consultancy, BrightHR Software, and Peninsula brAInbox AI. We are providers to small and medium-sized businesses located throughout: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador.
Peninsula Canada is a division of the Peninsula Group based in Manchester, England! Peninsula Group operates in: UK, Australia, New Zealand and, most recently, Canada. We employ over 2,500 people globally!
Peninsula Canada opened its first Canadian office in Toronto in September 2017 and has quickly become one of the fastest growing companies.
The Role of Executive Assistant
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and hardworking Executive Assistant to support our CEO. You will be adaptable to a variety of administrative tasks, you must have excellent organisational skills, and attention to detail to ensure work is produced to a high standard.
Day-to-Day Duties and Responsibilities
- To devise and maintain office systems, including data management and filing.
- To collate reports in a format as requested.
- To assist with incoming calls when the CEO is unavailable.
- To produce documentation relating to project work, where required.
- To arrange travel and accommodation.
- To deal with incoming email and post, occasionally corresponding on behalf of the recipient.
- To delegate work in the absence of the CEO.
- To organise and maintain diaries and make appointments, including any print outs required for scheduled meetings and preparation of meeting agendas where required.
- To assist the CEO to ensure that work assigned by them to other individuals or departments is completed, i.e. follow up on delegated work in order to meet deadlines.
- To assist the Department with internal reporting, e.g. reports for the monthly management meeting and Ops Team Reports.
- To assist the business with meeting agendas and minutes.
- To assist the business to schedule team meetings/reviews.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
What you Bring to the Team
- Ability to think outside the box and work on your own initiative.
- All written correspondence to contain clear, accurate and thorough information and meet required departmental standards.
- High level of confidentiality, integrity and reliability.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages such as Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Internet Explorer.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely.
Why Work for Peninsula?
The office is fast-paced and busy so we look for colleagues who have a positive and results focused attitude. Through training and development, we make sure that everyone who works here has the resources they need to build their careers.
Peninsula has been voted one of the best companies to work for by the Glassdoor Awards. Peninsula is a highly motivated enterprise that promotes an entrepreneurial culture. Peninsula is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace where all employees are valued.
- Day off on your birthday
- Enhanced Benefits with Health and Dental Coverage
- We offer a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) Matching Program
- Downtown Location
- Vacation Days increase after 2- and 5-years' service.
Peninsula is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace where all employees are valued. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates participating in our selection process