Executive Assistant to CEO
Daily Bread’s vision is to end hunger in our city and to that end we require both food to assist those experiencing hunger and funds to make sure we can maintain our operations as well as purchase nutritious food.
Job Title: Executive Assistant to CEO
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: 191 New Toronto Street, Toronto, ON, M8V 2E7
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000 per year; commensurate with experience
Terms: 35 hours a week / Permanent – Full-time
Daily Bread offers a competitive employer-paid benefit package after three months and an opportunity to join the Group RRSP plan after one year.
The Executive Assistant role at Daily Bread can be a bit of a jambalaya of tasks. It requires a high level of professionalism and the ability to organize and manage a wide range of duties and responsibilities. No two days are the same but there is an opportunity to be exposed to a variety of tasks.
In addition to providing administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer, The Executive
Assistant to the CEO provides support for the Board of Directors, governing committees and from time to time, provides administrative assistance.
1. Executive Support
- Provide administrative support on an ongoing basis to the CEO.
- Take and transcribe dictations and notes at various meetings including board committees.
- Prepare correspondence for the CEO, format proposals and presentations, (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and maintain correspondence files.
- Manage and make updates to work plans, vacation, and absence calendars for the CEO.
- Assist in the development of internal communication pieces and other communication.
- Coordinate the logistical aspects of the CEO’s schedules, such as virtual and in person meetings, and other events.
- Coordinate with the CEO and Board Chair to schedule meetings and the Annual General Meeting
- Act as recording secretary to the Board
- Maintain corporate records and archival documents.
- Coordinate all meeting materials for Board Meetings.
- Prepare orientation information for new Board Members.
- Lead the committee to plan and implement the Annual General Meeting.
The Executive Assistant interacts with the Board, staff and volunteers on an ongoing basis, externally with the general public, donors, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
- An Administrative Assistant Diploma or Certificate (or related education/experience) is a definite asset.
- 5 or more years of direct work experience in an executive assistant capacity
- Experience taking and transcribing meeting minutes.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors, Committees, and/or the Not For Profit sector is a definite asset.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development and fundraising.
- Experience with another organization that alleviates and/or addresses the root causes of poverty.
- Training in Anti-Oppression/Anti-Racism is an asset
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, Board Members, external partners, and vendors.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), with above average expertise formatting financials and other documents to ensure they are reader friendly and professional.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Emotional maturity with excellent sense of humor.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to be effective independently.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Familiarity with maintaining and operating standard office equipment (photocopiers, mailing machine, printers and fax machines and troubleshooting common problems
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of service and response.
- Ability to convey the organization’s mission and strategy to a variety of different audiences.
- Drop everything and help when needed attitude.
The incumbent works in an office environment at 191 New Toronto Street and during COVID may be required to work from home from time. Some meetings are held during evening hours.
How to Apply
To be considered, applicants must submit a resume and cover letter stating why they are suitable for the role by December 09, 2022 to Human Resources at the Daily Bread Food Bank. Interviews for the role will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Daily Bread Food Bank thanks all individuals who apply for this position and will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview. Daily Bread Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from members of designated groups. Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in another format, please e-mail a request to Human Resources.
To support Daily Bread’s mandatory Covid – 19 vaccination policy, candidates/employees being considered for employment are required to provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment prior to their start date unless they have been provided with accommodation in accordance with the Human Rights Code.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Etobicoke, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location