The same philosophy of personal attention that distinguishes Yorkville Education Company as a leading provider of post-secondary education also makes us an exceptional place to work. We are a modern and progressive institution that prioritizes diversity, opens doors to those often overlooked and provides pathways to successful careers.
Yorkville Education LP launched in 2004 with a simple idea: to offer people in search of a purposeful path with the flexible, rigorous and career-focused degrees they need to succeed. With campuses in Ontario, British Columbia and New Brunswick, we equip our online and on-campus graduates from both Yorkville University and Toronto Film School with the professional knowledge, skills and designations that employers seek out. Every member of our team – from the President, right on down to the newest hire – shares a passion for learning, teaching and growing, both as individuals and as a collective. While our focus remains on providing our students with transformative, accessible and flexible higher education pathways, we also nurture an inclusive, supportive and genuinely kind work environment for our employees in three provinces.
If you want to help transform the Canadian post-secondary education landscape and shine a light on academic excellence, please join us.
Who we need:
We have launched a new two-year Project Management program with three annual intakes and a target of 2000 students. This is an exciting initiative that will rapidly scale and provide continuous growth opportunities. We are looking for Faculty members to join us in a variety of roles.
Our Faculty of Business is actively seeking Adjunct Professors for our Project Management Program. The successful candidate will hold a PMP designation, and a Master's Degree from a recognized university. The successful candidate will be expected to develop and deliver a wide range of Communications university courses at the undergraduate level to a class size of approximately 50 adult students. Candidates must be available to work Monday to Friday 12pm to 9pm and Saturdays from 9am to 6pm. Part-time, remote and on campus opportunities are available (using Moodle as an online delivery platform).
What you will do:
- Teaching and managing student performance
- Fostering student success through ongoing support and coaching
- Managing discussion forums and learning activities through the Moodle platform
- Timely marking and feedback for all student assessments
- Respond to student inquiries and concerns
- Participate in University and Program level committees
- Perform administrative tasks related to the course
- Support strategic program growth and ensure on going self-development in the field
What you bring:
- Project Management Professional designation combined with a Masters Degree
- A minimum of 3 years of teaching experience at post-secondary level (Preference will be given to those with international student experience)
- At least 3 years Project Management or related work experience
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Official transcript from the highest education level will be required for review
What does the best of all worlds mean at Yorkville Education?
· An atmosphere that successfully blends an entrepreneurial culture with education. We value innovation and continuously look towards expanding our programming, working with the latest research, tools, and solutions. As a private school with government approval of our offerings, we have the opportunity to do more, stay current, and be future-forward.
· The chance to accelerate your career and disrupt education by responding to the needs you see and purposefully challenging the status quo. Everything we do here is about delighting and engaging our employees - and ultimately our students- from mentorship to teaching, from creative outlets to analytical ones.
· A place where all individuals feel welcomed in the academic and workplace environments and can bring their authentic selves to the educational and work spheres. We celebrate the full range of human diversity, and we acknowledge that equal access to opportunities and services may require the removal of barriers that equity-seeking communities experience in trying to obtain this access.
· The opportunity to grow with access to free courses, certifications, and programs - right up to our Doctorate offerings.
· An appreciation for the insights and skills you bring to work with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including a wide breadth of wellness services, and a work-life balance.
We welcome and appreciate candidates with a range of backgrounds and experiences. If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, express your interest now.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are a critical component of life at Yorkville Education Company and we are committed to making these values an integral part of our culture. We encourage applications from all qualified applicants, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), people from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Asexual + (LGBTQ2SIA+) community, and other equity-seeking groups.
Yorkville University is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodation for disability, please notify Human Resources at 1-877-429-4029.
Job Type: Part-time