Functional Capacity Evaluation/Cost of Future Care Department and Finance Assistant
Creative Rehabilitation Services Ltd., dba Creative Therapy Consultants
Our ever-growing Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) and Cost of Future Care (CFC) Team at Creative Rehabilitation Services Ltd. (CRS) is proud to provide a variety of Medical-Legal and Non-Medical-Legal assessment services in Penticton, Kelowna, Kamloops, Prince George, Terrace, and other rural/northern regions of British Columbia. We are looking for a part-time intake coordinator and administrator for the FCE/CFC Department. With an ever-growing team, our Finance Department is expanding, and we are combining the role of the FCE/CFC Department with a part-time finance assistant.
You will be responsible for assisting:
- The FCE/CFC Assessors with many aspects of the administrative work involved in the FCE/CFC Referral, Assessment, and Research processes – working with FCE/CFC and CRS Company Team Members, Payers, Examinees, Service/Equipment Providers and Other Community Members.
- The finance department with accounts payable, receivable, payroll back-up, and any other areas as required in finance.
Your work will include:
- Conducting referral-related tasks, including answering inquiries, liaising, and scheduling via telephone and email.
- Performing file management – opening, closing files, printing/scanning documents and preparing paper assessment files and binders for Assessors before Assessments and Court Appearances.
- Researching costs related to services and equipment.
- Proofing cost calculations.
- Keeping regular communication with the Team, including in-person/virtual meetings.
- Maintaining accurate/accessible records of all aspects of work.
- Assisting other FCE/CFC administrative team members as required, including vacation and sick day coverage.
- Learning and taking on other responsibilities.
- Providing general support to the Finance Department, including data entry, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll backup.
Education and Experience:
- Secondary School completion.
- Four-plus years of experience in an Administrative Assistant role are preferred.
- Strong Bookkeeping/Finance background and preference will be for applicants to have completed a certificate in accounting or finance from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Online and ability to learn new bookkeeping software.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications with the ability to learn other software.
- Intermediate Payroll knowledge, including up-to-date knowledge of BC Employment Standards.
- Ability to independently plan, prioritize and coordinate a diverse set of activities to consistently meet targets in an environment that includes changing priorities, time demands and frequent interruptions.
- Ability to liaise in a timely manner with FCE/CFC Coordinator – as well as Assessors, Payers, Examinees, and Various Providers/Vendors – via telephone and email.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to write concise, clear, and grammatically correct communications (letters, memorandums, summaries, etc.) and present them professionally and diplomatically.
- Ability to be proactive with meeting deadlines on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis – working to prioritize projects in a timely manner without compromising quality.
- Excellent problem-solving and intermediate mathematical skills.
What We Offer:
- We have always strived to be an inclusive and supportive workplace. We have a great team and workplace culture.
- Comprehensive health benefits include extended health, LTD insurance, critical illness, and life insurance for employment positions.
- Paid continuing education budget relative to role.
- Access to paid counselling support.
- Access to paid financial planning support.
- RRSP contributions.
- Regular social and team-building activities and annual all-company retreats.
- Ample training and support for your roles will be provided.
Remuneration and Employment Details:
- This role can be remote/work from home with some availability required in Penticton and/or Kelowna offices.
- Employment position.
- 40 hours per week.
- Monday to Friday, Daytime Shifts, flexible schedule.
- Hourly range: $22.00 to $24.00, dependent upon experience.
We encourage anyone with a disability or requiring workplace accommodations to apply. We support a non-discriminatory workplace.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00-$24.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Penticton, BC
Application deadline: 2023-01-31