Company : Peninsula Employment Services Limited
Job Title : Finance Manager
Department : Finance
Location : Toronto, ON
Salary : $90,000- $100,000 annual.
Bonus : $8,000-$10,000
This is a wonderful opportunity to lead a team of young, dynamic, and professional accountants as the Finance Manager of Peninsula Canada.Job Overview
Peninsula Canada is part of the U.K. Peninsula Group. We are passionate about providing small and medium-sized businesses with external human resources solutions, including employment relations advice, health and safety advice, and legal support.
5 years ago, we opened in Canada after successful launching in the U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. By then, the finance team was only 1 person in a team of five. Now the finance team is about 14 people, and we work with our 230 colleagues to help more than 5,000 clients coast to coast from British Columbia to Newfoundland and Labrador.
Your understanding of businesses and your sound accounting experience guarantee that our financial statements are the true reflection of our operations. You know how to engage and grow your team to continuously improve and scale our processes. You are the guardian of our balance sheet and our cash.
Success in this role means accurate and timely financial information, clean audit report, robust internal controls, correct and timely payment of suppliers, employees, and taxes, and the ability to effectively engage with the team and other stakeholders.
VP of Finance
- Coordinate and review the month-end reporting processes
- Review all the month-end reconciliations
- Own the revenue recognition
- Validate the intercompany transactions and balances
- Assess periodically all estimates, accruals, provisions, and bad debts
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements
- Ensure timely reporting to the Group
- Prepare the end-of-year closing operations
- Lead the yearly audit process with the external auditors
- Monitor and forecast our cash flow
- Approve the Accounts Payable payments suggestions
- Control and approve all taxes calculations and filing
- Manage the relationship with CRA, Service Canada, WSIB, and other institutions as required
- Manage the relationship with banks and insurance companies
- Liaise with Group and other departments as required
- Supervise and review Payroll and Commissions calculations
- Variety of ad hoc tasks, directly supporting the PES senior management
Skills and experience required:
- You enjoy and have experience leading a team
- You are familiar with group reporting process, organization, and deadlines
- You are comfortable using multiple systems and tools
- You can demonstrate a good understanding of the business reality outside of your area
- You have worked with multiple revenue recognition methodologies
- You can easily connect and communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- You can show how you have streamlined your month end and other processes
- You are experienced in year-end processes and audit reviews
- You have a recognised accountancy qualification or can demonstrate an equivalent experience
This role is based in Toronto, but you are currently expected to work remotely.
If you are an ambitious commercially-minded finance professional and you would love to be part of a dynamic and forward thinking business, then please apply today.
Why work at Peninsula Canada?
- Day off on your birthday
- Enhanced Benefits with Health and Dental Coverage
- We offer a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) Matching Program
- Downtown Location (Right near Union Station)
- Vacation Days increase after 2 and 5 years' service
- Ask about our Peninsula Days, and more!
Peninsula is a highly motivated enterprise that promotes an entrepreneurial culture. Peninsula is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace where all employees are valued. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates participating in our selection process.