Responsible for the leadership of all aspects of day to day operations within the food & beverage outlets in Ace Hotel Toronto, including our Alder restaurant, The Lobby bar and Rooftop bar. Directs, implements and maintains a service and leadership philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff. Works closely with the Director of Food & Beverage to monitor the effectiveness of the services and products offered in the outlets and adjust accordingly to ensure maximum profitability of the outlets.
Responsible for providing lateral service to other Food and Beverage operations as needed.
CORE FOCUS & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualified candidates must be able to satisfactorily complete the following responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff and rectify any deficiencies.
- Review daily sales and resolve discrepancies with Accounting.
- Track revenues against budget.
- Prepare weekly schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts and adjust schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands.
- Compare daily labor costs against forecasted costs to ensure labor cost percentages is met.
- Assign work and side duties to staff in accordance with departmental procedures. Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting with staff and review all information pertinent to the day’s business.
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain consistent knowledge of house account and arrivals.
- Monitor the preparation of station assignments, ensuring compliance to departmental standards.
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service.
- Inspect all aspects of the restaurant environment ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order. Rectify all deficiencies.
- Supervise the timing of one or more events ensuring that all events are ready to start 30 minutes prior to listed time.
- Supervise set up dining, tables buffet tables, coffee breaks and stations according to theme and BEO.
- Coordinate set-up & maintain inventory of all speakers, turntables, etc. (works with Sales Coordinator to get all relevant info for each event, before each event).
- Manage inventory for liquor, wine, beer, and other beverage ingredients.
- Ensure all employees are fully trained in their job functions.
- Establish par levels for supplies and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish.
- Ensure that specified amounts of menus and wine lists are available and in good condition for each meal period.
- Anticipate guests needs and promote positive guest relations through name recognition at all times.
- Monitor and handle all guest complaints.
- Ensure that all staff closing duties are complete before staff sign out.Update FUTURE menu changes.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering. Contact engineering for urgent repairs.
- Assist with inventories of liquor and wine.
- Prepare and submit daily payroll costs.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Previous Restaurant/Hotel F&B leadership experience. Smart Serve Certificate required. Candidate should have knowledge of various food service styles, wines and spirits, and proper food service safety protocol.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location