Responsibilities and Duties
- Handling Ocean Import shipments, including communicating with clients and shipping lines for shipment bookings, and communicating with transporters for pickups.
- Entering data and generating reports using Forwardlogic, a customized in-house cloud-based logistics process system.
- Building and maintaining good relations with carriers and customers.
- Read, monitor and respond promptly to all incoming communications (clients and other business partners-domestic and overseas) in order to properly manage and control daily operational issues.
- Timely and accurate billing of shipments.
- Improve on an ongoing basis internal systems and procedures in order to favour customer service and department internal efficiency.
- Provide assistance to improve services.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of one year of experience in international freight forwarding required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong working skills in time management.
- Excellent in prioritizing and organizing workload assigned.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $38,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Language training provided
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Logistics: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-02-06