The ideal candidate will perform diverse secretarial duties and administrative functions requiring strict confidentiality. On the job training will be provided. The candidate must be a bright, energetic and well presented individual. This position includes working with internal employees and external clients therefore the candidate must be a team player. You must enjoy being the front line person, in what can sometimes be a stressful environment.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Answer incoming calls and direct calls to the appropriate person.
- Answer client inquiries, as needed, or direct the inquiry to the person best able to answer.
- Take and deliver accurate phone messages, with call back numbers and names and promptly relay messages to the appropriate person.
- Greet incoming clients and visitors and notify the person being visited.
- Offer beverages to clients or visitors who are waiting to visit staff.
- Maintain a neat and tidy reception area, replacing magazines and newspapers as received.
- Receive and sort daily mail, deliveries and couriers.
- Assemble financial statements, tax returns and other information for clients.
- Manage and maintain inventory of supplies (office stationary and kitchen).
- Kitchen duties.
- Problem solve copier and fax machine malfunctions.
- Ensure the boardroom is cleaned after meetings.
- Daily tea/coffee/ lunch pick up for the Partners.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, collating, faxing etc.
- Completed high school diploma and preferably 1-2 years works experience.
- Must be organized, be able to multitask and prioritize, work independently within a team environment and work under pressure.
- A thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office is required (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Knowledge of Caseware would be an asset but not essential.
- A professional appearance, punctuality and good communication skills are mandatory.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00-$42,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location