Choices for Youth Inc. (CFY) is a professional service, youth-focused, non-profit, charitable organization that creates spaces and conversations and operates programs and social enterprises to help vulnerable youth secure stable housing, employment, and education while improving health and family stability. With a focus on prevention, intervention, and support, we help youth and their families break cycles of poverty and homelessness and transition to healthy, stable, and independent lives.
Quadrangle NL is a registered charity working towards the creation of a provincial 2SLGBTQIA+ Community Centre and network for the province of NL. Quadrangle NL is a resource for 2SLGBTQIA+ individuals and organizations with the goal of building community resilience and connection while providing support for members of our 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
Together, CFY and Quadrangle NL are hiring 1 Part-Time Fund Development and Communications (FDC) Officer to join our teams in a part-time contractual position until March 31, 2023, with the potential for an extension. Approximately 25% of the youth that CFY support identifies as 2SLGBTQIA+. CFY is committed to investing in programs and services that directly support members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community, including supporting the ongoing development and growth of Quadrangle NL. The FDC Officer will support Quadrangle NL’s ongoing communications and fund development efforts and will play a key role in planning and executing fundraising events, applying for grants, creating engaging and compelling content across multiple platforms, and analyzing and researching market trends to determine Quadrangle NL’s fundraising strategy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role of the Fund Development and Communications Officer requires the ability to quickly learn new topics, engage with subject matter experts, and develop a broad understanding of key issues affecting members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community in NL.
· Plan, manage, and execute fundraising campaigns and events
· Research and determine viability for new fundraising initiatives
· Build new community partnerships to grow the fundraising event portfolio
· Review and expand fund development plan
· Secure event sponsorship and annual sponsors
· Recruit and manage event volunteers
· Seek out and write grant applications
· Build relationships with corporate donors
· Create and update content for Quadrangle NL communications platforms
· Manage Quadrangle NL’s social media platforms
· Other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Post-secondary degree in business, communications, marketing, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
· A minimum of 1-3 years experience in event planning, fundraising, communications, marketing, or in a business development environment
· Experience working with social media scheduling and monitoring tools
· Experience working with strategic partners and sponsors
· Experience doing project cost estimations and budgets
· Experience in fundraising and grant writing
· Experience securing sponsorships
· Experience doing graphic design
· Experience using Salesforce
The position will work 20 hours per week. The schedule will be flexible and co-created between the employee and the employer. Flexibility in work hours may be required to accommodate higher work volumes and organizational requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
Choices for Youth appreciates all applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your cover letter and resume explaining how you meet the criteria and use FDCQC-08-2022 in the subject line to the below recipients.
Reference ID: FDCQC-09-2022
Application Deadline: The competition will remain open until filled.
Equity in employment is essential to a just society. Choices for Youth enthusiastically welcomes applications from all qualified people, including racialized people, people of all gender identities, people who identify as members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community, Indigenous peoples, those with disabilities, mental illness, and from all social strata. Should you require accommodation in relation to a disability, please tell us at the beginning of the selection process. This information will be kept confidential.
To view all current job postings, please visit www.choicesforyouth.ca/join-cfy.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: From $24.88 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- DCS / DEC (preferred)
- event planning, fundraising, communications, marketing: 2 years (preferred)
- criminal record and vulnerable sector check (preferred)