We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit
What You’ll Be Doing
As the FX Analyst you will be accountable for the timely and accurate handling of trade settlement and confirmation activities of all trades details and instructions to ensure customer satisfaction and avoid any losses. You will address more complex escalations and respond to any queries or complaints to ensure high level of customer satisfaction. You will ensure all suspense and nostro accounts are balanced and escalate any breaks. You will provide counsel and recommendations to more junior staff in the resolution of more complex issues or problems that arise. You will provide technical advice and/or training as the subject matter expert to ensure customer satisfaction and usage of appropriate standard procedures and guidelines to meet compliance requirements.
At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your role. You’ll have the flexibility to manage your work activities within a hybrid work arrangement where you’ll spend 1-3 days per week on-site, while other days will be remote.
Due to the nature of this role, a criminal record check will need to be completed at least annually for the purpose of enhanced screening.
How You’ll Succeed
- Attention to detail/Excel and reporting skills - Process large quantities of detailed information with high levels of accuracy under pressure in a challenging and changing environment. Experience with Microsoft Excel with the ability to format, run & format cells, and run queries will help your success in this role.
- Service Excellence/ Managing Multiple Priorities - Simplify our processes and improve the client and partner experience through bringing up continuous improvement ideas and projects and helping bring this ideas to reality. You will also have the ability to manage multiple task at one time, prioritizing your day to day tasks on a timely manner, managing to meet all our SLA on a same day bases.
- Previous Processing experience - Previous experience processing financial transactions (i.e. deposits, withdrawals, exchanges, transfers in, transfers out, adjustments) and non-financial changes (i.e. dealer and adviser code changes, investment changes, address updates, account profile changes) in response to clients requests
Who You Are
- You're driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact.
- You love to learn. You're passionate about growing your knowledge, and you know that there is no limit to what you can achieve.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
What you need to know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Job LocationToronto-595 Bay St., 7th
SkillsAccountable, Customer Service, Microsoft Office, Multitasking, Organizing, Prioritization, Problem Solving, Teamwork