Position: GENERAL LABOR
Shifts Available: Afternoon Shift – 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. (4 x 10-hour shifts, Monday to Thursday)
Location: Owen Sound, ON
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is looking for a General Laborer to join our Production team at our Owen Sound, ON manufacturing facility. We are seeking an ambitious and progressive candidate to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team that manufactures heavy duty mobile mining vehicles for our customers worldwide.
About the Position: The General Labor position is responsible for a mixture of routine duties and project work as assigned and scheduled by the Maintenance or Production Supervisor . The position also requires the following proficiencies:
- Monitor parts and assemblies through our production process and move to in-process storage, the required production process or shipping/receiving as applicable.
- Work with planners, warehouse, machine shop and assembly to track and move parts and assemblies for work orders
- Assist in maintaining inventory accuracy (cycle counts)
- Assemble, prepare and install basic mechanical and hydraulic sub-assembly components.
- Assemble and prepare (cut to length, crimp and label) hydraulic hose to meet quality standards.
- Shot blast and mask parts to prepare for painting, working with a painter, as required.
- Safely stage/hang parts based upon capacity of rack and material handling equipment
- Grind and de-slag burrs, edges, and spatter from saw or plasma-cut parts using hand tools and grinders (pneumatic and electric).
- Implement and maintain 5S housekeeping principles at all times.
- Cross-train in other departments as available.
About You: The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible along with the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Certificate of Completion
- Previous experience working safely in a manufacturing environment with equipment in a mechanical, paint or materials capacity
- Forklift and overhead crane experience and certification are an asset
- Previous computer experience (MS office) is an asset
About Us: Maclean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. We have three manufacturing facilities in Owen Sound, Collingwood and Barrie, ON.
Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safe and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry as well as the municipal, environmental and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for hours worked on the afternoon shift
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $200.00 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company paid uniforms
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.