Job descriptionGeneral Labour / Material Processor
Pay Rate: from $19.00 and up based upon experience and qualifications
Location: 129 Fenmar Drive, North York, ON
Shifts: day shift 10:00am - 6:30pm Monday to Friday, every other Saturday, from 7am until 3:30pm
Did you know that 34,000+ Canadians are directly employed in the recycling industry? Interested in becoming part of Canada’s workforce that’s shaping our environment?
Here’s what we do…
CMI sources and processes recycled ferrous and non-ferrous metals across North America and ensure they do not end up in a landfill or go to waste. Our recycling stream ensures that all the ferrous and non-ferrous metals that enter our yards will create something new again!
Here’s where you come in…
As CMI continues to grow we are looking for passionate people to join our Operations team. Be a part of a respectful work environment where your opinion is valued. At CMI safety is our number one priority and is everyone’s responsibility. Work in a team-based setting where we will help you to develop and grow in the industry. Join us, in our brand new, state of the art facility with new modern equipment and machinery!
Working in our outdoor public receiving yard in a collaborative team environment, you will be providing the highest levels of customer service and grading scarp metal.
- Deliver the highest levels of customer service as customers enter the yard
- Inspect and grade incoming material
- Direct customers where to unload material
- Answer customer questions and assist with any inquiries as required
- General Housekeeping of the Yard
- Work outside in a variety of weather conditions
- Previous experience in an industrial environment
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Enjoys working outdoors
- Strong English communication skills
- Change rooms with lockers and showers
- Lunchroom equipped with microwaves, fridges, coffee
- Yearly Safety Boot Allowance
- Uniforms and Laundering Service
- Organized, clean, and well-maintained work environment
- On the job training with CMI’s culture of learning and opportunities to advance
- An inclusive, friendly and multi-cultural environment
- Progressive and approachable leadership team focused on winning and continuous improvement
- Our commitment to your health and safety, and the health and safety of our customers, neighbours and others around us
- A purposeful role protecting the environment and contributing to sustainability.
- A competitive salary, excellent benefits and performance-based increases
We are Public Transit accessible! CMI is located at Steeles Avenue & Weston Road in North York. A 20-minute bus ride from TTC Pioneer Village Subway Station in North York.
Stay connected! For new job opportunities and company updates, follow us on Indeed, LinkedIn and Facebook!
At CMI we are committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace, free of bias and discrimination, where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where feasible. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.