“The start date of this job is flexible and in order to find the best candidate the job may remain open much longer than the date mentioned on this posting…..or you may be asked to start sooner than the expected start date if you are able to do so!”
URGENT: Please read the job description below. If this interests you, please send a MS-Word version copy of your updated resume (ASAP) along with your salary expectations, first available date and a telephone contact number.
Please mention the job title above in the subject line
The recruiter in charge of this role is Sunita
If you do not think you are a match for this opportunity, but know someone who is, feel free to forward this email to them and you will be eligible for a referral bonus upon a successful hire.
One of our government clients is looking for a Government Administrative Assistant
Length: 4 Months contract with a strong possibility of extension
Location: Toronto, ON - Hybrid
The Enterprise Technology Delivery division (ETD) in GovTechON has the mandate to operate and manage enterprise-wide technology solutions, deliver standardized enterprise data and analytic capabilities and to experiment with new technologies.
This position reports to the Head of Identity and Access Management Branch, Enterprise Technology Delivery Division and will by required to coordinate and administer a full range of administrative tasks.
1. Provides a variety of administrative services and activities to support the Branch by:
· Organize and maintain Head's appointment calendar; coordinates meetings and rearranges schedules; makes travel and accommodation arrangements; organizes meetings and teleconferences, including physical and logistical requirements, researching, and compiling information, contacting participants, preparing, and distributing agendas and taking and finalizing minutes.
· Monitors Head's e-mails on a daily basis, responding to general inquiries on behalf of the Head (eg Calendar availability); Re-directs emails to appropriate Branch staff using knowledge of Branch activities/staff responsibilities; notifies Head of routine/non-routine/urgent email and follows up with appropriate staff as required.
· Uses a bring forward system to brief the Head on changes, issues, and events.
· Provides a full range of word processing services by producing correspondences, reports, spreadsheets, graphics, and presentations, using relevant computer software (eg. Word, powerpoint, Excel, Project etc.) Ensure accuracy of grammar, spelling, syntax, and formats.
· Updates Branch information and mailing lists such as new staff changes in location or phone numbers /e-mail addresses on corporate database. Manages P-Cards, Travel cards, shared drive access, etc. For staff.
2 . Facilitates Head's Office Communications:
· Provides excellent customer service assistance between the Branch Head's office and the CIO's Office and our Cluster primary contacts including ministries, stakeholder, and customers. Provides responses to inquiries related to division, programs, and services of the Branch.
· Receives and processes information requests from the CIO, DM, and ministries.
· Follows up to ensure responses/information is received within established deadlines and informs Head of problems/delays
· Provides administrative support in records management by managing manual filing systems for Branch activities/services; files and retains information and confidential documents in accordance with categories and security requirements; maintains a bring-forward system for Head as reminders of commitments to program activities and deadlines.
· Manages branch supplies within Branch budget and Ministry guidelines; manages office equipment such as photocopiers, fax machines, printers, laptops, and projectors for branch.
· Provides back-up support to the receptionist in the Cluster and ADM (client office) during absences and/or peak workload period.
3. Provides purchasing support by:
· Overseeing the P-Card usage in the branch; gathering documents related to Purchase Orders and Requisitions; ensure expenditures are made in accordance with Ministry guidelines; ensures proper level of approvals are obtained and according to Delegation of Authority (DOA).
· Manages, reviewing and reconciles information and receipts in Purchasing-Card statements submitted by
· Branch Head's approval; corrects errors or discrepancies after discussion with originators; ensures back up docs/receipts are attached and approved and signed copies of the p-card statements are sent from the Head; to the Manager of Procurement and Business Operations; ensures all receipts and proper supporting documents are attached to justify expenditures.
· Acquires various supplies and other equipment required by staff; prepares required documentation, obtaining quotes and ensures necessary documentation supports procurement standards and agreements, and obtaining proper approvals before submission.
· Manages and processes TTC tokens for staff that are required to travel for any business-related purposes and ensures appropriate procedures and controls are in place and followed.
4. Provides human resources administrative support for Branch by:
· Manages submission of hr forms (e.g. oss staffing request forms, win wear forms, etc.) For any human resources related activities such as hiring, extension of secondment agreements, departure, maternity leave, absences etc.
· Provides advice to managers and head to make necessary changes in win; advises managers and head on any changes/status related to hr
· Prepares monthly/annual vacation and training schedules for the branch staff for managers and heads review and approval.
· Coordinates staff annual performance contracts and learning plans for managers and heads review and approval; processes and provides all signed copies to hr branch
Please note that this is the most up to date version of job description available at this time – During Client Interview you will receive additional information – variance may apply!
Please note: Adherence to our end client’s vaccination policy is a requirement
Please visit the TEAMRECRUITER website to review other CAREER OPPORTUNITIES!
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 4 months
- Monday to Friday