Empowered Futures is an innovative Canadian non-profit organization supporting emerging adults as they transition into adulthood.
We offer self-empowerment workshops and business mentorships to help build more confident, emotionally intelligent and resourceful adults. Using the principles of integrity, goal setting and responsibility learned through business, we aim to inspire hope, instill healing, raise awareness and promote mental well-being and self-empowerment in Canadians aged 18 to 29.
Empowered Futures is seeking a personable and highly motivated volunteer to support the charity's marketing committee.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design content for marketing, branding, and social media campaigns.
- Projects will range from designing social media graphics to participating in large projects to market Empowered Futures
- Design clear, engaging graphic communications for print and the web.
- Work closely with the executive staff to translate messaging concepts into marketing materials
- Adapt and enhance existing brand design standards, such as icons, assets, images, and other components
Qualifications and Experience:
- Nice to have experience using Google Suite and Canva
- Nice to have demonstrated experience to conceptualize and design with digital/print layouts, advertising, marketing outreach collateral, and websites.
- Nice to have knowledge about digital content strategies, from contemporary website styling to social media design trends.
- Ability to work independently and in partnership with a team.
- Ability to define and work on deadlines.
- Willingness to take initiative as well as detail oriented.
- Empowering emerging adults with their growth and development
- Innovating the movement towards mental wellness
- Collaboration with multi-disciplinary senior board members
- Growing your professional network
- Room for advancement and growth within the organization to serve as a board member
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 5-8 per week
Salary: $1.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- How many years of Graphic Design do you have?
- Why do you want to volunteer at Empowered Futures?