With your “think like a guest, act like an owner” mentality, you have a passion to ensure every guest stay is memorable. Reporting to the Guest Services Manager, the Guest Service Agent plays a vital role as the first point of contact for guests and any visitor of the hotel. Guest Service Agents must provide the highest level of professionalism at all times, and ensure the guest experience is of the highest quality throughout the entirety of their stay.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Greeting all guests & visitors in a friendly and professional manner
- Processing check in and check out according to Bellstar procedures
- Answering phone calls in a friendly and professional manner and answer all guest questions and concerns
- Creating reservations and handling special requests
- Verifying billing, processing payments, and presenting charges statements
- Handling all guest complaints and concerns in a timely and professional manner, keeping the appropriate Manager informed or involving Manager as needed
- Being knowledgeable of all hotel facilities and services
- Provide correct and compelling tourist and destination information to guests and owners
- Handling all transactions including cash, debit, and credit tenders, with confidentiality in mind
- Always maintaining a clean and organized workspace, ensuring front desk is always stocked with office supplies
- Following all legislative requirements and internal standards, policies, and procedures while upholding the company’s core values
- Other relevant and related duties as assigned
The “must haves”:
- A passion for the tourism industry
- Previous customer service experience, preferably in hospitality
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills, with the ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Committed to delivering the highest level of guest service and satisfaction
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment, and on your own
- Great organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Physical ability to stand for long periods of time
- Qualified applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, possess a valid work or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
The “nice to haves”:
- Previous Front Office experience in a full-service hotel
- Previous experience with hotel reservation systems
- Valid certification in First Aid
What you can expect from us:
- A positive, open working environment with a stable, loyal team who love to promote inclusivity while having fun at work
- A growing company with opportunities for advancement, relocation, and development
- A robust benefits package, for qualifying employees, that includes dental and medical coverage
- Annual, corporate wide, salary and wage reviews
- Enrollment in the employee discounted rates program for use at any of the Bellstar Hotels & Resorts managed properties
After signing up, you will be sent an email with instructions on how to connect.
Please be prepared to join the virtual interview from a quiet place using a desktop or mobile device with a working speaker, microphone, and camera. Check to see if your network connection can support an online session. A plugged in ethernet cable or a strong WiFi network signal will help avoid time delays during your conversation.
What to prepare
- Bring your smile and position(s) you may be interested in
Preferred dress code
Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable)
About Solara Resort and Grande Rockies Resort by Bellstar Hotels & Resorts
Come work and play in the Canadian Rockies! Year round or temporary positions available!
Here at Bellstar, we are looking for team members who try to make every stay an unforgettable experience for guests. The summer season is still busy, so we are currently hiring for the following properties:
- Canmore, AB - A hikers paradise! Explore the Rocky Mountains through hiking, biking and kayaking! We are currently hiring for both properties in Canmore, Solara Resort and Grande Rockies Resort.
- Subsidized staff accommodation for full-time Associates who are relocating to the area
- Flexible scheduling so you can enjoy the outdoors during our time with us
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Travel discounts throughout North America for you, your friends and family
- Medical & Dental Benefits for full time year-round employees
- Co-op placements and skill development for future hospitality professionals
We are for you if:
You like working closely with a team. You are friendly, patient, and calm under pressure. You love learning new things, trying out new outdoor adventures, and working with like-minded, supportive, and fun individuals. You communicate clearly, speak well, and aren't afraid of a fast-paced workplace. If this sounds like you, we can’t wait for you to join our team!
What is a virtual interview?
Virtual interviews help employers connect with job seekers when they're not in the same physical location. Since hiring is a human process, employers would like to talk with you online (chat, video, or phone) to see if you meet the requirements for the job.