The Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre and The Westin Wall Centre, Vancouver Airport are dedicated to providing guests with exceptional quality, service, and value. These guiding principles are evident with every check-in, bed made, or breakfast served. You can see this commitment to quality in the physical properties of the hotels themselves; located in the heart of the city and at Vancouver’s airport, surveying the magnificent natural elements that combine to make Vancouver one of the most beautiful cities in the world. We are proud to be Vancouver built, Vancouver owned, and Vancouver run.
A wall is only as strong as those that build it. Our associates are brought together by the fundamental sense of self-worth they derive from helping others. While each person’s talents are a credit, it is an individual’s commitment to the group effort that creates excellence.
Our foundation is exceptional people, and our passion is supporting them to succeed and exceed. More so than experience or education, it is a unanimous enthusiasm that is most highly valued. For those who work hard and consistently display positive attitude and aptitude, the opportunities for growth are endless.
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE
The Guest Service Associate (GSA) is focused on providing efficient service and creating memorable experiences by making emotional connections with all of our guests. In this position, you will have a direct impact on the overall experience of our hotel guests and be responsible for ensuring 100% satisfaction from the moment guests arrive at the hotel until they check out.
- The successful candidate must have a friendly, smiley and welcoming attitude.
- The GSA is responsible for welcoming our guests in a professional manner upon arrival.
- The GSA acts as a central source of information for guests during their stay by providing them with a detailed check in experience in promoting hotel amenities and information.
- Coordinating with colleagues in various departments to ensure that the guest needs are met.
- Assisting in problem solving and/or dealing with versatile guest concerns.
- Coordinating with third-party services such as taxi companies, airport transfer, rental car services and/or tour guides.
- Assist with reviewing Marriott Mobile Chat and responding to guests within the allotted timelines and ensure thresholds are being met.
- Review Marriott Mobile Control Panel and assist with sending room readiness notifications and Mobile Keys to guest in a timely manner.
- Solve guests’ concerns and reported defects by coordinating with the Manager on Duty and offering compensation and solutions according to hotel and front office guidelines.
- Enter all guest requests and reported defects into Guest Experience, GXP system for effective reporting and follow up.
- Promote and actively enroll guests to the Marriott Rewards Program while adhering to all Marriott Brand Standards
- The candidate must be extremely knowledgeable of all Hotel information such as: hotel outlet hours of operation, local attractions, rate structuring and guest related events such as conventions and meetings.
- The candidate for this role will be organized and self-motivated.
- Any other duties assigned by the Front Office Manager and/or Assistant Front Office Manager.
- Previous Guest Service experience in a large hotel.
- A minimum of one year previous hotel experience is preferred but not required.
- The successful candidate will have excellent grooming and personal presentation and a friendly personality and a "can do" attitude.
- The candidate must possess excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written and guest service skills, both verbal and written.
- This is the ideal position for someone who has a passion for guest service, values problem resolution, and enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work flexible hours, including overnight shifts.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, write and understand English.
- Able to maintain professional standards while multi-tasking in an extremely busy environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the city, including local events, restaurants, shopping and attractions.
- Able to communicate with guests in a confident and pleasing manner in a variety of situations.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different floors of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be a team player but able to work independently.
- Requires writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- System experience of Lightspeed and MGS Programs are an asset.
- Explore Travel Program
- Ongoing Associate Appreciation Events
Wall Centre Hotels is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Wall Centre Hotels, through education, review and engagement is achieving a work environment that is fair and just for all associates and where all associates are valued for the diversity they bring to the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, and age.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Part-time
Salary: $23.75-$27.85 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Mandatory Vaccination Policy in place, Vaccination is an employment requirement, all employees must show vaccination QR status at time of hire.
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)