Our role as a Guest Services Team Lead encompasses the shared responsibilities of: Land Manager’s Assistant/ Housekeeper/ Lodge & Dock Hostess/ Server & Fish Processing Help
The Reel Obsession Crew is seeking 1 candidate to fill this posting and join our stellar team!
Reel Obsession Sport Fishing offers all-inclusive fishing vacations and operates out of the remote village of Zeballos, BC located on the Northwest Coast of Vancouver Island. With a population of 117 year-round, this tiny seaside community is surrounded by mountains and sits on the mouth of the Zeballos Inlet.
This position averages a 6-day work week with 1-day off per week (the odd time you will be required to work a 10-day stretch). You can count on averaging 40-60 hours per week with daily split shifts. Staff schedules are made ahead of time and all land employees track their work hours via a company timesheet.
Our lodge has a max occupancy of 30 guests and is made up of six buildings: Main lodge, cabin area, lodge guesthouse, guest social shack, staff grounds, plus a fuel dock and small marina. This position’s contract is available from approximately May 22nd to approximately September 6th-8th depending on opening and closure dates.
Our team is looking for a confident energetic individual who is both a team player but also someone who can motivate themselves and work independently. Reporting to the Land Operation’s Manager while working side by side land staff, this position’s role plays a vital part in our day-to-day operations, especially in the absence of the Manager. Strong communication skills and an amicable, hard-working character is needed in executing this role successfully with our support staff & team. Upholding extreme cleanliness of all lodge amenities while maintaining confident first-class customer service, is fundamental to Reel Obsession’s goal of customer satisfaction.
Attention to detail is a must along with the ability to time manage with little supervision. Being flexible, reliable, and a natural leader is key.
The main responsibilities include:
- Upholding and role-modeling exceptional customer service standards in a fun and approachable way. Front-end customer service duties including but not limited to, welcome and orientation hostess, retail sales, serving, dock-hostess, and thinking outside the box to add to the enjoyment of our guest experiences
- Assisting the Land Operations Manager with schedule checks, basic administration tasks, and leading land staff in Manager’s absence
- Maintaining all housekeeping and laundering detail of lodge grounds (the ability to lift heavy objects and climb stairs daily is a must)
- Serving in a professional manner a 3 to 4 course dinner up to a maximum of 30 guests (must be comfortable working in an open kitchen environment) NOTE: on average 2 servers will be present
- Assisting with end of day dinner clean up including morning prep duties
- Early morning rise on rotation (approximately 2-4 shifts a week). Breakfast and coffee set up as well as assisting guests prior to boat departure
- Providing basic kitchen help when needed *FoodSafe Level 1 certification is a must
- Provide help in the fish processing area by vacuum packing each boats’ daily catch and the organization and rotation of guest’s fish in the freezer area, along with organizing and packing up guests’ fish upon departure
- Assisting guests' after a day of fishing down on the docks. Collecting lunch kits, photo taking, and socializing. While there, we assist as an on-call fuel attendant at marina when needed. This is a fun, social atmosphere so enjoying the outdoors, chatting, and touching fish is all part of it
- Assisting in the fish processing area by vacuum-packing, labeling, and organizing guest fish in the freezer areas
- An attitude of ‘No job is too small’ will go far with us
- Miscellaneous odd jobs as required by the Owner’s
*On the job training provided
Reel Obsession’s 2023 Team Consists of:
1 Owner & Master Guide
1 Owner & Land Operations Manager
1 Head Guide
6 Full-Time Guides + Part-time Contractors
1 Dockhand, Maintenance & Fish Processing Team Lead
1 Dockhand, Maintenance & Fish Processing Help
1 Head Chef
1 Head Server & Alternate Cook/ Chef Help
1 Guest Services Team Lead & Fish Processing Help (current posting)
2 Guest Services Team Members & Fish Processing Help
We are seeking someone who is upbeat, active, and a versatile team player. Seasonal lodges offer a unique job opportunity in the fact that we all live and work together. Being a small business, it is vital we are all there to work hard, help one another, and have some fun while earning some great tips. If you are someone who enjoys a social atmosphere (both professionally and personally) and one who appreciates the outdoors, we want to hear from you!
- Wage starts at $20 per hour. Negotiable based on experience
- Excellent gratuities paid out weekly
- Room and board included at no charge - This position will be provided a private bedroom on staff grounds
Job Type: Seasonal
Contract length: 3.5 months
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Zeballos, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- How you ever worked in a remote setting before? If yes, how long and where?
- Customer service: 1 year (required)
- First Aid Certification (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
- FoodSafe (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-05-22