- The pay rate is $32.86-$35.96/hr depending on experience.
- Our client is North America's largest producer of steelmaking coal and the world's second-largest exporter of seaborne steelmaking coal.
- Referral Bonus is provided for referring a candidate for employment.
- Hours of Work: Four days on, four days off shift work rotation, comprising of two 12-hour day shifts, 24-hour shortchange, followed by two 12-hour night shifts, followed by four consecutive days off.
- Distribute waste rock to spoils or coal to the plant while operating haul trucks ranging in size from 180-ton to 400-ton capacity.
- Operators drive at heights of up to 20 feet when in the cab of the truck and operate in all weather conditions on a 24-hour basis.
- Remain within their piece of equipment for the duration of their entire 12-hour shift and are given a combination of breaks depending upon the site. It is a very structured environment and the job is of a repetitive nature.
- On-site training is provided to successful candidates. This training includes classroom-based learning with a driver trainer, hands-on experience in a simulated environment with our training simulator, job shadowing of current senior operators, and observed driving with senior operators or driver trainers. The length of the training period can vary based on site and candidate ability.
- Pit utility duties include moving and lifting the cables for shovels and drills, flagging for trucks dumping over the spoils, cleaning buses and equipment, and other general labor duties as required.
- High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED), or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license.
As an extension of the interview, potential candidates must satisfy the pre-employment requirements:
- Pre-employment drug test.
- Reference checks: three professional references of previous direct supervisors.
About Matrix Labour Leasing Ltd.:
Matrix Labour Leasing is a full-service recruitment agency specializing in the placement and administration of the skilled trades workforce all across Canada. We have been in business for over nineteen years and have placed over 4,000,000 employment-hours in the Canadian workforce. We have been recognized as one of Alberta Venture’s Fast Growth 50 and as a Leader of Tomorrow by Business in Calgary. As a leader in our industry, Matrix remains committed remaining cutting edge of the Full Service Temporary/Permanent Placement model as well as best in class managed services in Payroll and Back Office Support. We are proud to serve the following industries: Industrial Construction Commercial Construction Oil and Gas Manufacturing Warehousing Hospitality Healthcare Pipeline Construction