With your “think like a guest, act like an owner” mentality you will strive to ensure the upmost positive experience for every guest. Reporting to the Housekeeping Manager, the Housekeeper plays a vital role in ensuring cleanliness of all guest rooms, creating a welcoming, five-star experience before the guest has arrived.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Ensuring the highest level of guest service and cleanliness, following all Bellstar processes and standards
- Thoroughly cleaning all guest rooms & bathrooms and stocking items as necessary
- Reporting all damaged equipment, safety issues, low stock, and injuries, as well, handle and report lost and found items immediately
- Vacuuming rooms and mopping tiles
- Changing and replacing bed linens and towels
- Disposing of waste and recyclables and replacing bags, being environmentally aware and following the Stay Green program
- Managing all guest requests in a timely and friendly manner
- Completing regular deep cleaning tasks as assigned
- Maintaining a safe working environment at all times
- Maintaining confidentiality of all guests and information
- Following all legislative requirements and internal standards, policies, and procedures while upholding the company’s core values
- Other relevant and related duties as assigned
The “must haves”:
- A passion for the tourism industry
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills with the ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Committed to delivering high levels of guest satisfaction
- Ability to work under pressure, efficiently and productively
- Ability to work unsupervised independently and in a team environment
- Physical ability to repeatedly push, pull and lift up to 50lbs as well as stand, bend, twist and stretch for long periods of time
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Qualified applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, possess a valid work or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
The “nice to haves”:
- Previous housekeeping experience in a full-service hotel, healthcare, or commercial cleaning environment
- Valid certification in First Aid
- Valid certification in WHIMS
What you can expect from us:
- A positive, open working environment with a stable, loyal team who love to promote inclusivity while having fun at work
- A growing company with opportunities for advancement, relocation, and development
- A robust benefits package, for qualifying employees, that includes dental and medical coverage
- Annual, corporate wide, salary and wage reviews
- Enrollment in the employee discounted rates program for use at any of the Bellstar Hotels & Resorts managed properties
After signing up, you will be sent an email with instructions on how to connect.
Please be prepared to join the virtual interview from a quiet place using a desktop or mobile device with a working speaker, microphone, and camera. Check to see if your network connection can support an online session. A plugged in ethernet cable or a strong WiFi network signal will help avoid time delays during your conversation.
What to prepare
- Bring your smile and position(s) you may be interested in
Preferred dress code
Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable)
About Solara Resort and Grande Rockies Resort by Bellstar Hotels & Resorts
Come work and play in the Canadian Rockies! Year round or temporary positions available!
Here at Bellstar, we are looking for team members who try to make every stay an unforgettable experience for guests. The summer season is still busy, so we are currently hiring for the following properties:
- Canmore, AB - A hikers paradise! Explore the Rocky Mountains through hiking, biking and kayaking! We are currently hiring for both properties in Canmore, Solara Resort and Grande Rockies Resort.
- Subsidized staff accommodation for full-time Associates who are relocating to the area
- Flexible scheduling so you can enjoy the outdoors during our time with us
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Travel discounts throughout North America for you, your friends and family
- Medical & Dental Benefits for full time year-round employees
- Co-op placements and skill development for future hospitality professionals
We are for you if:
You like working closely with a team. You are friendly, patient, and calm under pressure. You love learning new things, trying out new outdoor adventures, and working with like-minded, supportive, and fun individuals. You communicate clearly, speak well, and aren't afraid of a fast-paced workplace. If this sounds like you, we can’t wait for you to join our team!
What is a virtual interview?
Virtual interviews help employers connect with job seekers when they're not in the same physical location. Since hiring is a human process, employers would like to talk with you online (chat, video, or phone) to see if you meet the requirements for the job.