Closing Date: December 5, 2022
Are you passionate about people? Join our Human Resources team today!
Reporting to the Lead – HR Support, the HR Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative assistance and support to the Operational and Administrative Human Resources groups.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with outstanding problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable with public speaking, organized, exceptional attention to detail, and can work with integrity to professionally manage confidential material. The ideal candidate can work independently, as well as collaborate with a team, and is able to prioritize contending demands in a fast-paced environment.
Join us in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities, such as hiking, skiing, fishing, and golf! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, B.C. which provides all of the comforts of city living. We are also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake, which all exude a small town community atmosphere.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Assist with the management of “site wide” communications
- Ensure accurate entry of information in HRIS and timely payment of all applicable invoices
- Monitor applicable HR related Policies to ensure accuracy and currency
- Maintain and distribute the weekly HR KPI report
- Maintain and distribute the monthly HR reports
- Accurately track training requirements as outlined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
- Provide “Letters of Employment” when requested
- Organize and distribute Teck Awards
- Maintain an extensive paper filing system
- Ensure compliance with Teck’s Code of Ethics
- Offer and provide administrative support and perform other tasks as assigned
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Human Resources would be an asset
- 2-3 years of experience working in an office environment
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite® including Word and Excel
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as the confidence to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication skills as well as excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, ensuring compliance with Teck’s Code of Ethics
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2021, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the 12th consecutive year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.