Health & Safety Coordinator (12-Month Contract)
Full Job Description
VPC Group Inc., a Canadian owned and operated company, converts chemicals and fibre into quality foam and nonwoven products for the home furnishing markets. We provide a positive work experience for employees and exceptional value for customers and other stakeholders.
VPC Group Inc. is looking for a dynamic HSE Coordinator for its Polyurethane Foam division based in North York, ON. Reporting to the HSE Lead with a dotted line to the HSE Director, the HSE Coordinator will complete the LOTO, SOP, and RISK Assessment Project for three divisions.
- Create, review and update SOPS for three divisions
- Develop LOTO procedures and ensure training compliance
- Conduct and create risk assessment for all machinery and safety procedures
- Assist in Developing/modifying and delivering of Health and Safety training programs in-house.
- Promote safety awareness through communication and specific training programs.
- Assist with maintaining and updating the Health and Safety Orientation Program and conduct Orientation and training for all existing employees as well as all new hires.
- Participate on our Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Manage incident investigations to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary are implemented and followed up
- Prepare reports, maintain safety records and documentation and follows up with employees to ensure compliance.
- Maintain the Emergency Response Programs and provide training when necessary.
- Provide leadership and support to all workers of health, safety and programs as well as any legislation changes that may impact the organization.
- Other duties as assigned by the HSE team
Minimum completion of post-Secondary diploma in Health and Safety, preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in a Health and Safety role is required (Construction or manufacturing industry experience is highly preferred)
- Good working knowledge of office computer skills i.e., Windows NT, Excel, Word, Microsoft Outlook, etc.
- Thorough understanding of conducting risk assessments, SOP & LOTO documentation
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time while meeting deadlines
- Bachelors Degree in Occupational Health & Safety and or a related field from an accredited institution
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $50,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Company events
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- NORTH YORK, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location