Full-Time Term to November 2023, possibility of indeterminate
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
Language: English Essential
Parks Canada is a federal government agency responsible for the protection and presentation of Canada’s outstanding natural and cultural resources through a system of national parks, national marine conservation areas and national historic sites in all regions of Canada.
The Coastal BC Field Unit is the operations level business unit for the Parks Canada places in Metro Vancouver and on Vancouver Island, including Fort Langley National Historic Site, Fort Rodd Fill and Fisgard Lighthouse National Historic Sites, Gulf Islands National Park Reserve and Pacific Rim Nation Park Reserve.
The Human Resources team is looking for new members to join the team. You will be surrounded by compassionate, enthusiastic and creative individuals who collectively are committed to improving and simplifying how we organize, attract and recruit our workforce. If you are someone who takes pride in your work, has superb attention to detail, and thrives in a fast-paced, client service oriented environment, you will excel within this team.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, clearly showing how you meet the qualifications education, experience and assets).
- Draft advertisements and notifications to staff positions
- Draft and issue letters of offer
- Coordinate with candidates on selection processes such as sending invitations to exams, interviews, etc., and responding to accommodation and rescheduling requests
- Prepare and maintain assessment board reports in Excel to track the assessment results from selection processes
- Liaise with clients to request documentation and information
- Collaborate with the Human Resources Advisor to support the client’s staffing needs
- Complete data entries in a Human Resources Information Management System
- High School Diploma, OR an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Experience providing administrative support services* for program delivery or managerial support in a Human Resources or other service-related office environment
*Administrative support services is defined as, but not limited to: preparing documents drafting, editing, formatting, revising correspondence or reports, maintaining electronic files, scheduling and organizing meetings and teleconferences, managing agendas, procuring office equipment and supplies, and other related duties
Additional Assets (but not required):
- Successful completion of human resources or business courses
- Experience working on a human resources team
- Experience using human resources systems (such as, but not limited to: PeopleSoft 8.9, Phoenix pay System, Public Service Resourcing System, etc.)
- Ability to plan, organize and set priorities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to research, gather and assemble information from different sources
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Exercises sound judgment
- Personally connects with people
- Attention to detail
Conditions of Employment
Reliability Status security clearance
- May be required to wear a Parks Canada Uniform
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule to meet operational requirements
- Willing and able to work overtime as required
- Willing and able to work at a variety of locations and/or travel as required
A qualifying list may be established and may be used to fill similar positions of various tenures (indeterminate, seasonal, temporary, full-time, part-time), linguistic requirements and various locations within the Coastal BC Field Unit and the Parks Canada Agency.
All persons must have legal status to work in Canada.
Parks Canada is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society. We encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of a visible minority group to self-identify in their application.
Parks Canada is established as a separate employer in the Federal Public Service under the Financial Administration Act. Persons appointed to the Agency continue to be part of the Public Service. Parks Canada operates under its own human resources framework outside of the Public Service Employment Act and in line with values of fairness, competence and respect, and its operating principles.
Each person is entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
We thank in advance all those who apply. Only the persons selected for further consideration will be contacted.
(Cette information est également disponible en français sur demande)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,049.00-$61,567.00 per year
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Sidney, BC