St. Marys Golf & Country Club is an entpreneurial, family-owned and operated business that employs 90+ amazing employees. St. Marys Golf & Country Club includes a spectacular golf course, an award-winning wedding venue and an incredible premium-casual restaurant, Social Thirty-One. Our team’s passion can be found in the food we craft and the guest experience we cultivate.
This part-time Human Resources Generalist role at St. Marys Golf & Country Club offers:
- A flexible and caring work environment
- Health benefits and Employee Assistance Program
- Matching RRSP plan
- Company events and parties
- Discounted meals and apparel
- Discounted golf
- Performance-related bonuses
Position Overview: This role requires the successful applicant to serve as a link between the organization's management and its employees. The key responsibilities include recruitment, retention, and the development and execution of policies and guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
Recruitment & Selection:
- Recruiting, interviewing and administering assessments to candidates.
- Maintains required staffing levels by assisting in the selection of employees for the entire organization.
- Updating job descriptions and job postings for all positions.
- Conducts and analyzes exit interviews and recommends changes.
- Assists the General Manager in developing and updating the organizational chart.
Training and Development:
- Establishing and conducting orientation and training programs for new employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counselling and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Implements employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Implements employee retirement (pension plan) programs and informs employees of pension plan contribution needs and trends; recommending retirement programs to management; obtaining and evaluating retirement contract bids; awarding pension plan contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on retirement programs.
- Assists in the preparation of annual labour budgets and targets, by department, with the General Manager.
Compliance and Policies:
- Manages, reviews, and updates health and safety policies, ensuring they are observed.
- Assists with the Health & Safety committee monthly meetings and records the necessary reporting information.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system, keeping past and current records.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and provincial requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records.
Additional Job Functions:
- Investigates, recommends, and implements human resource software programs, for managing employee schedules, tracking work hours, and maintaining communication.
- Reviews and updates payroll information, for each employee, in the company’s payroll management software system.
- Track and organize cards and celebrations for employee birthdays and anniversaries.
- To develop a working relationship within the company that will attain and maintain a high level of employee morale.
- Maintain effective communications with the various department managers.
- To conduct themselves in such a manner to encourage fellow employees to follow, thus enhancing the status of the position and that of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
St. Marys Golf & Country Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.04-$28.85 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. Marys, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Human Resources: 3 years (preferred)
- English (required)