IKEA BURLINGTON IS HOSTING AN IN-PERSON HIRING EVENT FOR OVERNIGHT SHIFT POSITIONS IN WAREHOUSE ON TUESDAY FEBRUARY 7TH, 2023, FROM 7 AM TO 11 PM BY INVITE ONLY.
THE IKEA MISSION IS TO CREATE A BETTER EVERYDAY LIFE FOR THE MANY PEOPLE, INCLUDING OUR CO-WORKERS, WHO ARE THE HEART AND CENTER OF THE IKEA FAMILY AND BUSINESS. A JOB WITH IKEA IS SO MUCH MORE THAN JUST A JOB. JOIN US TODAY, MAKE AN IMPACT TOMORROW! YOU’RE HOME HERE.
We are currently hiring for Part-time (20-34h) positions.
As a logistics co-worker, you will...
- Assist with shipping, receiving, stocking and putting away inventory, and cycle counting as required
- Label/sticker/price returned items that will go back to sales floor
- Sanitize and clean work area
- Operate machinery as required (pallet jacks, forklifts – training/certification provided)
- Assist vendors/couriers as required
- Assist team as required
PLEASE BE AWARE
- Between the hours of 1am to 10am there is an additional night shifts premium of 1.25$/h.
- All of our PT and FT co-workers need to be available on Saturday and Sunday, these are our busiest moments. Our overnight shifts are between 1:00 am and 10:00 am, schedules are given 4 weeks in advance.
- Most of our jobs at IKEA are quite physical. This means your day-to-day will require walking and/or standing and lifting up to 50 lbs. (assistance is always available including pallet jacks).
- We require our co-workers to be available for more than 20 hours per week. If you hold a valid Work/Student Visa, then please double check your employment conditions.
NO WAITING OR GUESSING! APPLY TODAY!
HEJ, BEFORE YOU GO, LET US EXPLAIN WHY YOU’LL LOVE BEING AN IKEA CO-WORKER:
- We believe in togetherness and community. As an IKEA BURLINGTON co-worker, you will be part of not only a large local team, but also part of our global IKEA family!
- A large part of our Culture & Values is to trust each other. So, at IKEA, you do not have to be afraid to make mistakes. We encourage our co-workers to learn from mistakes and help turn them into growth opportunities!
- Endless career opportunities (including global opportunities within Retail, Supply chain, Restaurant services and other corporate vocations like Finance and Marketing)
- Flexible scheduling
- Free uniforms and footwear subsidy
- Full health, dental and vision coverage (includes “flex credits” which you may apply to either get extended dental coverage or to cover massages, gym memberships, transit passes, or professional mental health therapy)
- $4 healthy unique meals every day for our co-workers
- 11 wellness days (not to be confused with sick days. You can take a Wellness Day for absolutely any reason)
- 2 weeks’ vacation to start with
- 15% IKEA store discount (includes on as-is products and restaurant items)
- Interest-free loans on large purchases
- RRSP matching
- Free Rosetta stone language training
- Free job training and Leadership development programs
- Employee Assistance program (free financial, emotional, or nutritional counseling with a licensed therapist/coach)
See you at the Hiring Event! Tack!
- There are limited interview spots available for this hiring event. Only successful candidates will receive a confirmed time to arrive to the Event. Those with appointments will be interviewed first.
- We will continue to host weekly Hiring Events until all our job vacancies are met.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $16.50 per hour
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- We require our co-workers to be available for more than 20 hours per week. If you hold a valid Work/Student Visa, then please double check your employment conditions. Reply YES if you meet this requirement or NO if you do not.
- Please be aware: most of our jobs at IKEA are quite physical. This means your day-to-day will require a lot of walking and/or standing and lifting up to 50 lbs (assistance is always available including pallet jacks).
- We require all our PT and FT co-workers to be available on Saturday and Sunday as these are our busiest moments. Our shifts are overnight between the hours of 10pm and 10am. Reply YES if you are comfortable with this and want to proceed or NO if not.
- Are you able to commute reliably to the IKEA BURLINGTON store whenever you're scheduled to work at night (1065 PLAINS ROAD, BURLINGTON, ONTARIO, CANADA , L7T 4K1)? Please double check your transportation route. Reply YES if you can or NO if you cannot.
- Our starting hourly wage for most of our warehouse positions is $16.50/hour+ night shift premium of 1.25$/h (base pay can go higher depending on experience). Reply YES if this is acceptable for you or NO if it is not
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-02-07