Our client in Toronto is looking for a Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
- Hold a valid Industrial skilled trades license ( Millwright ) from Ontario or any province from within Canada
- A good understanding of the mechanical and electrical components of equipment used in the bakeshop and packaging departments (i.e. flow wrappers, metal detectors, etc.)
- Knowledge of shop tools (i.e. milling machines, lathes, grinders, drilling machines, welding )
- Troubleshooting, fixing mechanical problems, Set up of equipment in an efficient manner.
- Performing major and minor adjustments to equipment in a reasonable timeframe.
- Performing all maintenance on plant equipment in a safe manner, ensure equipment and machines are clean and in good working order, follow GMP
- Completion and submission of appropriate reports.
- Maintain a variety of mechanical equipment both corrective and preventative
- Perform equipment / system improvements as well as research and test new
equipment, complete all maintenance record keeping and ensure all related information is available.
- Provide emergency response as first responder and verifier
- Participate in the performance management process to keep work activities focused on company strategic objectives.
- A minimum of 3 years working experience with mechanical, electrical; including set-up, adjustments and troubleshooting
- Exceptional attendance record, ability to pay attention to small details.
- Flexible to move between shifts to meet department requirements.
- Good written and oral communication skills, in English
- Excellent work safety record on the technical side
- Complete all other duties as instructed and assigned by Supervisor and Manager.
To apply, please call 416-710-9689
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $37.00-$38.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- millwright: 1 year (required)
- Certified Industrial Millwright 433A (required)
Work Location: One location