Reporting to a Project Manager, Information Technology Assets, is responsible for performing various activities in the life cycle management of IT assets including maintaining catalogues of the ITS Branch technology items available to Regional staff; coordinating Regional staff requests for technology purchases and processing the associated approvals for procurement; entering information into the asset management databases and preparing asset reports and data for management staff; coordinating activities for deployment of assets including asset tracking and disposal of surplus assets; participating in projects (such as refreshes) as required.
- Ensures that the ITS Service Catalogue shows current information technology devices available to Regional staff.
- Assists the Project Manager in developing and modeling an ITS asset replacement strategy; conducts research and develops draft proposals and recommendations.
- Works with Department Administrators, ITS staff and other Regional staff to coordinate the ordering of information technology devices from various suppliers.
- Assists the Project Manager to ensure that there are appropriate work flow processes in place for requesting information technology assets; processes approvals, procurement, receipt and invoice verification.
- Assists Branch staff in identifying ITS tangible capital assets and determining replacement value and life span of assets; ensures appropriate documentation is submitted and inputs into asset management systems.
- Ensures that requests and order entry processes are adhered to and that data necessary for charge back of costs for technology equipment is captured and verified as orders are placed.
- Ensures that appropriate data is entered into the Region’s asset management data bases, following receipt of assets; reviews asset information and reconciles any discrepancies.
- Assists the Project Manager in developing processes and procedures to ensure that asset databases are updated regularly, to reflect where technology assets are deployed and who is responsible for them.
- Assists the Project Manager and Supplies and Services Branch in ensuring that appropriate processes to protect data privacy and confidentiality are followed when technology assets are disposed of and that the Supply and Services’ processes are adhered to.
- Provides data to other ITS staff to enable charge back accounting functions and PSAB tangible capital asset reporting.
- Assembles data and generates reports as requested by Information Technology Management.
- Liaises with Department staff to resolve outstanding IT asset issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned, in accordance with Branch and Department objectives.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Business Administration, Information Technology Management or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience working in an asset management role.
- Knowledge of best practices in asset management processes, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of IT hardware, software and networking assets.
- Knowledge of budget processes, principles and practices and data processing systems.
- Experience with an Asset Management System (e.g. ITS Computer Associates Asset Module, Peoplesoft Asset Management module, Tivoli, Maximo, etc).
- Experience with a financial system (e.g. Peoplesoft Financial).
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self management, accountability, flexibility and adaptability.