Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting wellness. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life integration and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
As the successful candidate, you will facilitate business application enhancements and potential new development to enhance your department's capacity to meet customer needs. You will utilize your ability to understand business issues and needs with analytical expertise.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Document requirements using use case modeling concepts.
- Ensure smooth and timely implementation of business application enhancements.
- Liaise with technical staff to provide the business perspective during system analysis and design phases.
- Develop, execute, and review test plans to ensure system accuracy and efficiency while attaining desired functionality.
- Investigate problems and issues arising from the business and provide an explanation and possible recommendations to resolve these issues.
- Participate in leading initiatives contributing to their successful deliveries.
- Contribute to daily systems production support activities as well as projects.
- Support Quality Assurance Analysts during the development and execution of test plans to ensure system accuracy and efficiency while attaining desired functionality.
- Perform Business needs assessments.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- A related technical degree or diploma, which focuses on systems development or business analysis.
- A minimum of five years related experience, preferably in providing user support and the business perspective to the development of a system and quality assurance testing and planning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to draw out requirements from the business area and effectively communicate those requirements to the Information Technology area.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to recognize symptoms, diagnose causes and identify alternative solutions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, MS Access, MS Excel and SQL.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Decision-making ability and demonstrated leadership potential is essential.
- Experience using Insurance information systems is preferred.
- Ability to meet the challenges of a fast-paced changing environment.
- Working knowledge of/experience with Project Management principles and tools would be beneficial.
Alberta Blue Cross® is an inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca .
COVID-19 Vaccination Notice: Alberta Blue Cross® has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that applies to all of its employees. As a condition of employment, successful job applicants will be asked to confirm their COVID-19 vaccination status and may be required to provide proof of a valid negative COVID-19 test or a valid exemption pursuant to applicable human rights law if not fully vaccinated.