International Customer Service Advisor - TPT- (24183)
Find Your Spot at Humber
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people.
We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
If you are interested in working in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario, as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
Please review Humber College/ Guelph Humber vaccination policy prior to applying to this position.
Position Title: International Customer Service Advisor
Status: Temporary Part-Time
Campus/Location: North Campus
What you will do:
Reporting to the Manager, International Customer Service, the International Customer Service Advisor will provide frontline support services, expert advice, assistance regarding a diverse range of general college and academic program information, international admissions, international web application information, Humber-wide events and services, academic policy, college policy and processes to International students, agents, and third party representatives. They will respond to inquiries within the context of the student’s citizenship, considering Canada Immigration and Citizenship (CIC) processing times, regulations and country specific restrictions. The successful candidate must retain a wide range of knowledge on programs, courses, academic policies, Humber and Ministry of Advanced Education & Skills Development (MAESD), and Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) policies and procedures, college services and campus events. The incumbent at times may deal with sensitive and highly confidential information and communicates directly with the general public, guests, applicants, registered students, graduates, parents, faculty, and college administrators. During peak times, the International Customer Service Advisor responds to a very high volume of requests.
The position is focused on providing information and services through multiple service paths including: in-person, by e-mail or, by telephone, workshops, Connect CRM, Web Chats, Gecko-Bot, and other electronic media.
The incumbent is expected to work on various assignments associated with the International Centre that have guidelines and strict deadlines whereby the individual is required to coordinate multiple priorities and deadlines effectively.
What you bring to the role:
Two-year diploma/degree or equivalent in Public Relations, Accounting, Business or related field.
Experience & Skills
Minimum four (4) years of experience.
- Proven ability to consistently deliver an exceptional level of service via phone, email or in person, with excellent interpersonal, listening, and customer service skills
- Demonstrated use of initiative in workload planning and pro-active approach in addressing customer concerns. Providing adequate follow up to complaints and concerns.
- Practical experience in a complex, fast-paced, diverse service environment that involves cross-cultural sensitive information, financial transactions, tracking, and inquiry management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex policies and procedures concisely and effectively.
- Strong computer skills including proficient keyboarding and web navigation skills, along with knowledge of email software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks, frequent interruptions and fluctuating volumes
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic arithmetic.
- Excellent knowledge of telephone and voice mail systems.
- Ability to remain calm during an emergency or when dealing with difficult people or situations.
- Flexibility in working as a team member or independently.
- Excellent punctuality and attendance.
- Fluency in a second language other than English is strongly preferred. Languages considered valuable to this position are Arabic, Farsi, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective collective agreements.
Humber is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek qualified individuals from equity seeking groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment. Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.