POSITION: INVESTOR RELATIONS DEALING REPRESENTATIVE WITH CLIFTON BLAKE SECURITIES LTD.
Clifton Blake is a boutique private equity real estate firm based in downtown Toronto. The firm manages a portfolio of private mortgages including its proprietary fund, Clifton Blake Mortgage Income Fund Trust, as well as a pool of serviced loans on behalf of other private and institutional investors
Clifton Blake Securities Limited (CBSL), a member of the Clifton Blake group of companies, is an exempt market dealer responsible for distributing Clifton Blake’s proprietary investment products:
· Clifton Blake Mortgage Income Fund Trust (CBMFT). Established in 2016, CBMFT is a mortgage fund specializing in commercial mortgages in Ontario. With AUM of over $200M and significant line of credit from a Schedule A bank, CBMFT has been generating stable and secure returns for our investors with zero defaults or gating of redemptions since inception.
· Clifton Blake Income & Growth Fund LP (CBIG). Established in 2016, CBIG owns a portfolio of mixed-use properties located on major transit nodes in midtown and downtown Toronto, with a focus on multi-residential apartments with retail on grade. Our focus on AAA commercial tenants and reliable residential tenants served us well over the past few years, with very little disturbance in our stabilized portfolio during this time. Our near- and mid-term construction projects are poised to add hundreds of new residential units and thousands of sq.ft. of commercial in the near future. With AUM of over $200M and gross assets over $350M, CBIG is poised for growth and has delivered stable and secure returns for our investors with nor gating of redemptions since inception.
CBSL is seeking a new Licensed Dealing Representative (DR) to add to our team. Applicants must have their Exempt Market Dealing Representative Registration, or be willing and able to obtain the required prerequisites upon commencement of employment.
In the role of Dealing Representative, you will be responsible for ongoing client and business development, with the objective of expanding our growing client list of accredited and eligible investors for our proprietary offerings. Existing access to network of HNW prospects is a plus.
The right candidate possesses a self-driven and entrepreneurial attitude; and is expected to be knowledgeable about our proprietary product offerings, the investor subscription process, the Exempt Market Dealer compliance regulations, and requirements. Training will be provided.
Specifically, the DR is responsible for the following:
1. Develop, research and curate a targeted database and list of information sources, which directly support being a source for leads and prospects.
2. Convert leads and prospects into sales; with support from the executive team commensurate with the size of the particular opportunity.
3. Employ business development activities to attract new investors in systematic outreach through direct calls, emails, outreach, social media, or the most effective means; in each case as approved by CBSL.
4. Engage with investors to help them determine the appropriateness of investing in exempt products.
5. Work directly with the marketing and research team members on information and materials for target segments.
6. Participate within an active CRM database of prospects and clients.
7. Assisting investors with understanding and completing their know-your-client (KYC) form and subscription agreement.
8. Collecting AML documentation from individual and entity investors.
Skills and experience for the role include:
1. You have completed the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or the Exempt Markets Product Course within the last 36 months; or be willing and able to complete upon commencement of employment.
2. Excellent communicator
3. Disciplined sales and pipeline management ability
4. You are detail oriented, proactive, and highly ethical.
5. Existing access to network of HNW prospects is a plus.
Compensation for this position includes a guaranteed draw, commission, and an annual bonus.
Job Types: Full-time/part-time, Contract, Guarantee Draw (3-6 months) plus Commission
Job Type: Full-time/part-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$200,000.00 per year
· Exempt Market Dealer Representative registration (required, or to be obtained upon commencement of employment)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$200,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift