TruPoint is Managed Services Provider that delivers cloud workspace solution along with comprehensive managed IT infrastructure, support, and security services to customers across Canada.
IT Helpdesk Technician
TruPoint is looking for the right person to join our team in Toronto, ON.
This person is very customer focused, an excellent team player, with strong customer service communication skills.
This position is part of the TruPoint Service Desk team, dealing with multiple customers, but helps maintain one of our largest customers as a primary role.
Important Location Information
This position is largely onsite (~3 days a week) at the customer's location in the Keele and Lawrence area of Toronto.
The TruPoint office is just up the road, located at Keele and Wilson, where you will also work from in a hybrid, 'work-from-home' capacity on non-customer onsite days.
In addition, we have 3 other locations around Toronto that occasionally require onsite support on a scheduled basis so the ability to drive around the city is required. Travel expenses are covered to those other locations.
- A quick learner and excellent problem-solver, you enjoy challenges
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- You understand that IT is a team sport, and can follow established procedures
- You are self-motivated and a person of high integrity
- You can always maintain a customer-first attitude even under pressure
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You are a strong communicator
The role in more detail:
- Provide remote and on-site technical support to customers
- Communicate to customers over phone, email, and ticket system
- Resolve level 1 issues related to Azure and Office 365 environments
- Adding, removing, updating user accounts
- Provisioning desktop computers, laptops, and hardware and software
- Collect quotes and purchase orders for new hardware
- Maintain end-user phone systems (VoIP handset or software installs)
- Maintain accurate documentation and inventory
- Escalate to more senior staff to resolve high level problems
- Ad hoc projects when required
- Be available for occasional after hours work
- Some on-call availability required
What you have done to get here:
- Minimum 2 years experience in similar role
- University Degree or College Diploma in IT or Computer Science
- Knowledge of Windows workstations and server systems
- Knowledge of networking principles
- Knowledge of IT principles, methods, and tools
- Knowledge of IT security principles and methods
- Must currently live in and be able to travel around GTA
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $38,000.00-$45,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Application deadline: 2022-09-30
Expected start date: 2022-10-17