About Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters
Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters (CME) is the country’s largest industry and trade association, and the voice of manufacturing and global business in Canada. With offices in every province coast-to-coast – with the exception of PEI – and international representatives, CME works to promote the global competitiveness of Canadian manufacturers and the success of Canada's goods and services exporters in markets around the world. Our core focuses are advocacy, intelligence, business opportunities, best practices, and networking. To learn more about CME visit our website at www.cme-mec.ca.
This role will be responsible for IT Helpdesk activities with co-ordination within IT and other technical team. This role will be working in IT’s day to day operation and providing IT services and support to CME users across the country. Responding to real-time enquiries and providing solutions for software/ hardware issues and general disruptions to IT systems or services. This position will also be responsible for providing the IT department with general administrative support, monitoring and maintenance of systems, as well as installing system upgrades.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the IT Support Services and IT Support System Management. Troubleshoot, and resolve user requests and communicate effectively with stakeholders. Monitor response times and user satisfaction levels to ensure excellent levels of customer support.
- Setup and improve internal practices for managing queries, troubleshooting and incident resolution.
- Keep users informed by effectively communicating potential issues or system/process changes and providing solutions. Maintain open communication and positive working relationship with staff.
- Preparation of New Devices for CME Users. Perform regular maintenance on hardware and software components.
- Maintain security and functionality of devices/applications/data by using different monitoring/security tools.
- Support inventory management process of IT Device/Applications/Licenses.
- Regularly maintain Anti-SPAM system. Support/Update/Comply with CASL (Canada’s Antispam Legislation).
- Consult with vendors, perform research, and evaluate products to assist in the selection and purchase of equipment and installation or upgrade of systems.
- Contribute to CME technical documentation and participate in policy, procedure, and standards/frameworks development and implementation.
- Perform other IT department related duties/projects as assigned.
Skills & Competencies
The successful candidate will need computer networking knowledge and multitasking ability. Technical skills and experience with network protocols, software and hardware used in the LAN/WAN for the organization will be imperative. Strong diagnostic and analytical skills are also key. The ability to get up to speed quickly with the applications/devices/OS, the problems they tend to have and how to fix them will be essential.
- Diploma/Degree in Information Technology program or Computer Science.
- Computer networking knowledge is must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present technical issues in a meaningful way to non-technical personnel.
- Broad grasp of computer technology with the ability to match to organizational business needs and strategic plans and the ability to attain knowledge of new industry directions and developments.
- Knowledge of Windows OS, Mac, Cloud (Citrix) computing, Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of TCIP/IP, Anti-Spam, Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange Server is an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $40,000.00-$45,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Flexible work arrangements
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- IT support: 1 year (preferred)