Calling all early year educators and basketball heads!
Little Dribblers is the World's ONLY Children’s Basketball Facility and Program for mini- players ages 18 months – 7 years old… with an educational spin!
The Little Dribblers program fuses early childhood education with basketball skills through a curriculum that is rooted in brain research. We transform the toddler obsession with throwing, catching and picking up balls into an educational medium to help engage, educate and empower the littles - JUMPstarting a healthier, happier future for the next generation!
Join the Dream Team!
Be a part of something SPECIAL. Join our fun, lively family and make a difference in the lives of children through sport, learning and play!
- Are you an ECE / OCT / Have experience working with children ages 18 months – 7 years old in a camp/coaching/teaching capacity?
- Are you an OUTSTANDING ROLE MODEL for youth in our community?
- Do you have knowledge of/experience coaching basketball (2 years minimum)?
- Are you FUN, LIVELY, EXTREMELY OUTGOING and ANIMATED?
- Do you possess EXCELLENT verbal communication skills and are extremely RELIABLE?
- Are you able to find your inner child to be playful, silly, fun and imaginative?
- Do you have a PASSION for young CHILDREN, SPORTS and LEARNING?
If so, we would LOVE to hear from you!
We are currently on the hunt for a Jr. NBA/Skillz Coach to assist in coaching mini-players ages 18 months - 7 years old in basketball fundamentals.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Early Learning Basketball Director and Happy Coach to follow Little Dribblers/ Jr. NBA lesson plans to teach early childhood education (colours, numbers, letters, shapes, cultures, 5 senses, geography, sign language, French etc.) to classes of 10 mini-players (ages 18 months – 7) through basketball fundamentals (dribbling, passing, shooting, rebounding, defence, offence etc.) ... LEARNING through HOOPS!
Specifically, The Jr. NBA/Skillz Coach will:
- Lead our Jr. NBA program (ages 7-8+)
- Support our Early Learning Basketball Director and Happy Coach in our classes for 18 months - 7 year olds by assisting in drill transitions, demonstrating proper technique and providing one on one individualized instruction (correcting form, encouraging players, challenging and catering to players individual needs etc.)
- Follow Little Dribblers lesson plans and the Jr. NBA curriculum
- Assist in progress tracking, curriculum development and strategizing steps for individual player development
- Participate in marketing and brand awareness campaigns and initiatives
- Communicate with our Super Families in a positive, professional and educational way- Assist with facility maintenance and cleanliness
- Ensure all COVID-19 protocols are being adhered to and our facility is as safe as can be for our Mini. MVPS!
- Assist with special events (birthday parties, camps, Santa Meet and Greets, Kids Dance Parties etc.)
Kindly note that these are long-term positions with the possibility to turn into permanent positions. Temporary supply positions are also available
Consistent availability for the following shifts (with very few days booked off a year) are a requirement:
- Monday- Friday: 3:30pm – 7:30pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am – 7:00pm (with 1 -hour lunch and four 15 minute breaks)
Things to note:
- Ideally looking for former varsity athletes**
- Training and Little Dribblers uniforms will be provided
- Detailed lesson plans will be provided for each class
- There will be a 1:3 coach player ratio (you will be teaching up to 12 mini-players alongside 2 other head coaches) per class
- First Aid Certificate must be obtained prior to hire
- All selected candidates will be subject to criminal background and reference checks
- Access to a vehicle is required
How to apply:
- Visit https://forms.gle/KNoGEAugzv723oL46 to apply NOW
- ONLY CANDIDATES WHO APPLY VIA OUR WEBSITE WILL BE REVIEWED
- While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Start Date: February 2023
- 890 Danforth Avenue, Toronto, Ontario
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Casual
Part-time hours: 20-38 per week
Salary: $20.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-01-30
Expected start date: 2023-02-06