We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create liveable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
Arcadis has officially purchased IBI Group and with this transaction now complete, IBI will now be known as Arcadis IBI Group moving forward. Please refer to our website for more information.
Our award winning High-Rise Residential practice is seeking to grow their team and bring on board a Junior Architectural Technologist. This opportunity will encompass working alongside senior leadership, management of production and technical drawings. This position will provide an excellent opportunity to grow your skills; With guidance, you will be working on different project phases, from design to development and from construction documentation to contract administration.
Most Of The Things You’ll Work On:
- Prepare working drawings for all projects in mainly Revit with some AutoCAD
- Responsible for the creation of technical content including details to the highest standard of excellence while ensuring the design intent is consistently maintained throughout the project
- You will work closely with the Project Manager and coordinate with other staff members as well as coordinating all aspects of the project with the Mechanical, Electrical and Structural consultants
- Responsible coordinating and communication within the production team
- Assist with resolving difficult operating tasks or drawing production problems
- Keeping up to date on construction practices, products, codes and technology
- Work with Contract Administration Department in processing project Shop Drawings and administrative paperwork
You'll Need To Have:
- University Degree in Architecture or Diploma in Architectural Technology or current OAA member
- 2 to 5 years of related project experience working on multi-storey projects or multi unit residential high-rise projects
- Proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Proficiency with Ontario Building Systems and Ontario Building Code
- Coordination of Mechanical/Structural/Electrical components and consultants
- Site experience
- Being able to take notes, create and distribute minutes of meetings
- Be task oriented – able to switch between tasks and projects easily
Why You Should Work For Arcadis IBI Group :
Our employees will find a design environment where collaboration is at the core of the business. We proudly support our team members through continuing education, completion of licenses and certifications, memberships in professional societies, seminar and conference attendance.
- Competitive Base Salary based on industry standards
- Robust Extended + Medical Benefits
- Participation in Incentives Program
- Remote Work Options or Hybrid WFH-Office Schedule
- Coverage of Licensing Fees and Annual Dues to Professional Associations
- Professional Development & Self Directed Learning Resources
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Arcadis IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
We request applicants submit a RESUME and PORTFOLIO/SAMPLE OF WORK highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB. For design related roles, we also require a portfolio to review.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.