ABOUT FARI HARA
Fari Hara is Canada’s leading custom suit tailoring house, bringing vibrancy and personality into the contemporary suit industry with garments that create confidence through personal style and design excellence. We pride ourselves on our design process, where we coach and educate each client through the creation of a custom garment that matches the vision they have of themselves.
We’re an African-Canadian founded-business that proudly offers world class services. We source high-quality fabrics, designs and inspiration from around the world to constantly bring the freshest fashion perspective to our customers.
Our goal is to bring romance and style back into the everyday by creating contemporary tailored pieces and an unforgettable experience.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a PASSIONATE graphic design intern who is open to learning and looking to gain experience working with a tight-knit team of multidisciplinary, creative individuals. This is an internship in which the candidate will gain experience within the fields of Marketing, Advertising and Design. Our ideal candidate would not only be someone who is great at design, but someone who can think outside the box, come up with creative ideas and who is not afraid to speak their mind. Their job will be to create the design for promotional emails as well as blog posts for the Fari Hara website. They will be reporting to the Directors and the Marketing Coordinator of the company, as everyone will work collaboratively to learn from each other and create great content. Our brand identity is very important so observing Fari Hara's visuals, aesthetics and messaging would be an essential.
- To stay up-to-date on the content calendar by working with the copywriter and be at least one to two months ahead on visual content.
- Work collaboratively with Directors and the Marketing Coordinator to create engaging visual layouts that are persuasive and aesthetic to attract customers and increase SEO.
- Engage in brainstorming sessions and share ideas with the team.
- Highlight Call-to-Action statements with the use of visuals to increase click-though rates and engagement for blog posts and email campaigns.
- Learn how to work with MailChimp to create the best email marketing content.
- Find creative ways to put information together while keeping Fari Hara's brand image intact and having viewers wanting to learn more.
- Passionate about design
- Currently enrolled in a design related undergraduate program
- Fluent in English
- Ability to multi-task and work on a few projects at once
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Canva with MailChimp is an asset
- Knowledge with SEO visuals is an asset
- Organized and has good time management to complete tasks in a time efficient manner
- Able to work collaboratively with a creative team
- BONUS: You are comfortable with web and social media design
Thank you to all applicants for their interest. We will only be contacting those who have been selected for an interview. All candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
Please submit your resume along with a portfolio with your application. Thank you : )
Job Types: Part-time, Internship / Co-op
Part-time hours: 10 per week
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- TORONTO, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Graphic design (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in TORONTO, ON
Expected start date: 2023-02-03