junior IT Administrator
Job Type: Permanent- Full Time
Primary Location: Scarborough, ON
At Eastern Construction, we stand at the forefront delivering innovative, practical, and sustainable solutions using collaborative project delivery models such as Construction Management, Guaranteed
Maximum Price, and Design-Build. Over the past seven decades, the company has taken-on well over
1,000+ projects. We have earned a reputation for completing a variety of significant projects, on time and on budget, while maintaining our corporate philosophy of professionalism, integrity, and collaboration.
Our mission is to lead the construction process, through an empowered team of experienced, motivated employees, striving to exceed our clients’ expectations. Eastern values Safety, Integrity, Innovation,
Teamwork, Open Communication, Commitment.
Provides IT leadership, direction and support to the Company and is instrumental in assisting in the development and implementation of IT solutions for Eastern Construction, with a particular focus on people, process, and technology.
1. Technical Support: Provides efficient and timely technical support to resolve hardware, software, operating system, network, and application problems. Tracks and monitors incidents to ensure a timely resolution. Appropriately escalates complex problems. Sets- up, maintains and manages construction project assignments utilizing the web-based project management and collaboration tool, Project Talk.
2. System Maintenance: Performs preventive maintenance and enhancement activities such as testing and deployment of operating systems and application releases on multiple platforms.
Coordinates and executes change activities according to standards and processes in alignment with company requirements. Includes maintenance of associated inventory and databases.
Manages and updates company website, liaising with host provider to ensure operating efficiency. Monitors and analyzes supported services to identify opportunities for improvement and recommends solutions. Performs network and application infrastructure monitoring on a regular basis.
3. Equipment & Software Procurement & Installation: Under the direction of the IT Manager, sources and purchases new hardware and software, negotiating and maintaining preferred pricing with vendors.
4. Record Keeping & Reporting: Track incidents to ensure a timely resolution and isolate potential recurring incidents.
Leadership and Relationship Management
1. Listening, Understanding & Responding: Listens, understands, and responds appropriately to the concerns of others by being receptive to new information, seeking out the facts before drawing conclusions, and showing a willingness to see things from another person's perspective. After assessing the issue, takes the appropriate action to achieve resolution via verbal or written communication.
2. Customer Service Orientation: Maintains a professional, composed manner when interacting with both external and internal stakeholders. Promptly handles enquiries and service requests in a courteous manner.
3. Teamwork: Demonstrates an ability to develop and maintain rapport with others, one-on- one and in teams. Demonstrates an ability to communicate clearly with people at various levels of the organization.
What we provide:
- Mentor under an experienced Registered Graphic Designer
- One-on-one hands-on guidance by an experienced Director Business Development
- Experience strategizing and assembling proposals
- Opportunity to develop strong technical writing and editing skills
- Special projects focussing on inter-company communications
- Direction and guidance developing curated social feeds
- Ever-increasing responsibilities and exposure to the business
- Sun-filled work space
- Work-life balance
Eastern Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Eastern Construction is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities.
If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
- system administration: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location