Position: Junior Property Manager
Location: North York
Are you an experienced Property Administrator or Junior Property Manager who enjoys a variety of responsibilities and interacting closely with tenants? Then, we have the right opportunity for you!
Our well-established client in commercial real estate is adding a full-time permanent Junior Property Administrator to join their Toronto region team. In this role, you will be responsible for the general property management of a number of commercial properties in Ontario.
Duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Maintain and ensure that high standards for cleanliness are respected on the property
- Collect rents and payment of invoices having been sent to them, working closely with A/R
- Ensure that each tenant respects the obligations mentioned in their lease document for collections, operations, and insurance
- Coordinate and maintain positive tenant/client relations
- Conduct routine property visits for the assigned portfolio
- Process the data and documents required by the Head Office (accounts receivables account payables, payroll, rebilling, etc.)
- Assist in all ways in the preparation of new tenants and presentation of empty locals to potential tenants (maintain vacancies in a state that are acceptable for the visit of potential tenants) and collaborate with the leasing person responsible for the property
- Assist in the coordination of all capital and/or building improvements including but not limited to the landlord’s work specific to an existing/new tenant
- Review the sales figures of the tenants and to make sure that their individual performances of those are satisfactory
- Assist the supervisor in developing the annual budget and making sure that the objectives are achieved
- Continual evaluation of all possibilities for improvement for the property in order to maximize profitability
- Perform daily activities concerning the operation and maintenance of the property portfolio like preparation of various budgets and reports/ratios
- Plan and the follow-up of maintenance and/or construction
- Manage and analyze utility consumptions and safety devices and other related duties connected with the property
- Constantly communicate information to the landlord pertaining to the tenant activities, complaints, dissatisfactions, market knowledge, and shopping center traffic
Skills and qualifications required:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent related experience
- Must have at least 2 plus years of property administration or property management preferably within commercial real estate
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel within Ontario and visit property sites
- Familiarity with accounting, and strong mathematical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally with internal and external stakeholders and build and maintain productive relationships
- Experience working with MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to multitask, be proactive and enthusiastic
- Problem-solving and good judgment/decision-making skills
- Highly organized, reliable, and punctual
Our client offers a very competitive remuneration package and great working environment and is ideal for someone looking to continue to build their career within property management!
If this sounds like you, apply today or send your updated resume to Ancy D Cunha.
OUR VIRTUAL DOORS ARE OPEN! We’re also bringing the interviews to you by various web applications, virtually! Contact us today for your next opportunity.
Job Type: Permanent