Our office is a boutique law firm with a friendly environment. Our aim is for quality work, support and representation of our clients while they are experiencing life-changing events from marriage to separation to purchase or sale of their home. We're looking for someone personable that understands and can communicate and interact with professionalism with clients depsite their anxieties, stresses and frustrations.
The candidate will be expected to support our office lawyers on Family Law and Real Estate Files, including but not limited to opening and closing matters, basic daily accounting/bookkeeping, organization of files, and calendar system. However, the candidate will also be expected to help in the drafting of court documents, correspondences, research and preparation of Family Law and Real Estate Files.
Training will also be provided for internal office softwares and databases.
We are looking for someone confident in their ability to multitask with little oversight, able to quickly learn and adapt to different situations and able to complete research independently. Motivation and positive energy is a must.
Prior experience in Family Law and Real Estate is an asset.
Strong writing skills is required.
Seeking long-term hire only.
Position is flexible with in-office and remote work.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $35,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- How many years of Family Law experience or training do you have?
- How many years of Real Estate Law experience do you have?
- Are you familiar with the Family Law legislations and Court procedures?
- Are you familiar with Teraview and LDD?
- Secondary School (required)
- legal assistant: 1 year (required)
- English Fluently (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in North York, ON
Application deadline: 2023-02-06
Expected start date: 2023-02-13