Light Duty Housekeeping (Part-Time)
TO Live’s Housekeeping department at the Meridian Arts Centre is currently accepting applications for the part-time position of Light Duty Housekeeping. This position is an as needed part-time basis Monday to Sunday as required by the TO Live’s Meridian Arts Centre’s performance and events schedule.
The housekeeping staff at TO Live’s Meridian Arts Centre are members of the IATSE B-173. The successful candidates will be required to join this union.
This position report to the Director of Facilities; and/or their designate. Duties include, but are not limited to, general cleaning and light maintenance duties.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean all areas of the theatre including auditorium, back stage, dressing rooms, front of house, kitchen areas, and office areas as assigned or directed.
- Clean and maintain washrooms and ensure they are fully supplied with soap, tissue and hand towels.
- Clear litter from the exterior, front and surrounding the theatre building.
- General light maintenance as assigned or directed.
- Cleaning windows, plate glass, signs, polishing brass and railings.
- Keeping the exterior grounds tidy and presentable, e.g. gardening, watering plants.
- Other facility cleaning, duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
- Practical experience in housekeeping duties.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Watches for safety or security issues (trip hazards, lighting, suspicious persons, etc.) and reports to management.
- Observe TO Live’s Health and Safety policy; and to wear PPE where required and necessary.
- The candidates must be able to lift and carry up to fifty pounds.
- Flexibility in hours and schedules and include work on nights and weekends as required.
- Work will be part time and scheduled to suite TO Live’s business needs.
- Adhere to the TO Live Health & Safety policies and protocols including Covid vaccine and guidelines.
TO Live is one of Canada’s largest multi-arts organizations, operating three iconic venues: Meridian Hall, the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts and Meridian Arts Centre. In addition, TO Live presents a full range of performing arts, theatrical and concert events at these venues in both downtown and uptown Toronto. With these two hubs of creativity and content creation, TO Live has a unique place and perspective to activate creative spaces by inspiring local and international artists, connect audiences and to be the nexus for new ideas, elevate artistic potential, and be the catalyst for creative expression that is reflective of Toronto’s diversity.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should apply through our TO Live careers website at: https://tolive.bamboohr.com/jobs/
No phone calls or emails please. TO Live thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Together with the Toronto Public Service’s (TPS) initiatives, which TO Lives follows and adheres too, TO Live encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour, persons with disabilities, women, LGBTQ2S persons, and others who may contribute to fostering innovative ideas and solutions.
We ask that you complete the questions provided as part of the online application to assist us in ensuring our recruitment process and programs are equitable and accessible. Your responses are voluntary and the information that you provide is strictly confidential.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Date Posted: November 24, 2022
Application Deadline: December 08, 2022
Start Date: ASAP