Are you passionate about bubble tea businesses?
Are you someone who always thrives to grow and accomplish more?
If yes, join us today!
If not now, when?
If not me, who?
Founded in Toronto, Real Fruit Bubble Tea has been committed to making fresh fruit drinks healthy and accessible for anyone to enjoy since 2002. We have 100 locations across Canada and USA. As a rapidly expanding business, we want you to join our team and grow with us! There is huge potential for growth, and we welcome anyone who is up to a challenging yet rewarding journey!
Reporting to the Engineering Manager and above, the technician will look after our locations in the Region with regards to all repairs and engineering aspect of the business.
They will be floating in the different locations to ensure that all necessary equipment is functioning well and up to standards of the company. They will analyze, trouble-shoot, and repair store equipment. They will perform various general repairs and preventative maintenance in the stores as required. This area includes but not limited to Repairs, Maintenance and Recommendations of new equipment, Ensuring Machinery is safe to use, etc.
The technician will also be required to work in stores to support operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Repair and maintain all Appliances/Machineries in all stores such as but not limited to Blenders, Tea/Espresso Machines, Electrical Wirings, Store Fixtures, Ice Machines etc.
- Assist the Engineering Manager on all engineering aspect of the business.
- Suggest and recommend all necessary equipment that is being used in all the stores.
- Ensure that all equipment is in good functionality.
- Lead and assist the Engineering Team with future new store openings in construction and the design process.
- Perform inspections at store locations to ensure workplace safety and efficiency is upkept for staff and customers.
- Coordinate with service contractors on major repairs of store equipment.
- Required to travel to different store locations.
- Required to work in stores serving customers.
** The technician may be required to handle emergency maintenance situations when circumstances arise; in the day or evening including weekdays and weekends.
Ideal Candidate Competencies
- Attitude: proven entrepreneur spirit of working "on-floor" spontaneously, as to motivate and propel the frontline personnel in person and to serve as the role model for co-workers.
- Results Oriented: demonstrates the ability to consistently perform optimal business results by meeting deadlines and achieving pre-determined goals.
- Communication: effectively conveys necessary information and ideas in concise and meaningful exchanges through verbal and written communications.
- Teamwork/Collaboration: effectively develops healthy relationships with co-workers and encourages idea-sharing that assists to accomplish goals.
- Initiative: proactively seeking opportunities to work outside of job scope to assist various business departments, and demonstrates the ability to always go beyond what is required to achieve goals.
- Personal Adaptability: demonstrates the ability to welcome and embrace changes and effectively adjusts to newly altered environment within the business.
Expectation Of Successful Candidate
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1-year Experience in Repairs and Maintenance of Equipment and Machineries (Handyman experience)
- Experience with Repairs and Maintenance in a restaurant setting is a bonus
- General knowledge of electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems in a retail environment
- Experience using various hand tools and power tools
- Experience repairing commercial kitchen equipment (especially ice maker and refrigeration)
- Valid Ontario G driver’s license and own a vehicle in good condition
- Able to travel for store maintenance visits
- Bilingual (Cantonese/Mandarin) is an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00-$25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Please acknowledge you will be required to travel to different store locations to support with the maintenance needs. And you are able to work in-store to support front-line operations serving customers by answering YES to this question.
- Handyman: 2 years (required)
- Maintenance: 1 year (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (required)
Work Location: On the road