Come work with us to do what you love and stay for the Frontier TRACK …
- Team Centric: We each take responsibility for fostering an environment of personal and professional growth. We are eager to help, support and collaborate with one another recognizing that we are better when we work together.
- Respectful and Inclusive: We treat everyone the way we want to be treated and accept everyone on the team just as they are.
- Autonomous and Accountable: We are entrusted with and given the space to do our work and in turn hold ourselves accountable for results.
- Committed to Excellence: We are fueled by the desire to be our best and to make an impact now and tomorrow.
- Keep it Real: We lead with integrity and genuineness in our work, interactions and relationships.
We are hiring a Manager, Accounting & Financial Reporting to join our team! We are seeking an individual with strong leadership capability who is fulfilled by the purpose of their work and able to collaboratively lead and work with others to achieve the goals of the team. A technical strong leader who can pivot from rolling of their sleeves to support the team to implementing longer-term strategies affecting the overall company.
This role will be responsible for all aspects of our Finance & Accounting function which includes but is not limited to internal and external reporting, cash flow reporting, M&A, consolidations and assisting with the annual budget.
The key responsibilities and how you will make an impact:
- Ensure timely completion and review of monthly consolidated statements and KPIs for internal reporting to executive team
- Prepare timely GL account reconciliations, journal entries and variance analysis
- Ensure tax filings are done on time and accurately
- Prepare monthly borrowing base calculation and quarterly banking compliance report
- Play lead role with Annual Financial Audit by External Auditors, as well as various CRA audits as they arise
- Review financial processes and procedures for efficiency and accuracy
- Assist with supervising and maintenance of ERP system
- Oversee Payroll, AP and AR functions
- Coach and develop team members
- Assist and support the initial preparation, planning and forecasting of and subsequent monitoring of annual budgets
- Assist special projects and ad hoc analyses as required
You are our ideal candidate if you have:
- CPA designation with 5+ years of relevant experience in accounting and financial reporting
- Strong leadership competencies with the ability to pivot from being hands-on to planning for the long-term as business needs shift.
- Preference to learn and grow in an entrepreneurial, growing business where positive change is commonplace.
- Proven experience using account ERPs (previous knowledge of Acumatica an asset)
- Strong business acumen, analytical and technical skills (GAAP, Finance, M&A, Consolidation, Modelling, MS Excel)
- Well versed in Microsoft Office suites. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines and work well under pressure
- Previous experience with systems implementations and improvements an asset
- Ability to handle sensitive information discretely and confidentially
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why join us? (Brace yourself…)
- We offer competitive compensation
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits Plan (100% Employer-paid Premiums)
- Real career growth opportunities
- Flexibility to help you balance work and life
- Supportive leadership team and Culture Committee that works to maintain a positive culture
- Collaborative, non-competitive work environment
- Fully stocked snacks, team BBQs and other company paid meals (we love to eat!)
- Oh, and you will often see dogs in the office.
What are we at the frontier of?
Providing quality and top brand dental supplies to dental practices all across North America. Our customers trust our deep knowledge of the dental trade and our ability to provide the right products at competitive prices, all through simple and efficient channels. We currently sell and distribute more than 30,000 unique products to 2,000 dental offices in Canada and the U.S. We’re on the cusp of something big.
With roots in the dental wholesale and distribution industry Frontier Dental Supply, Inc., was formed in 2016. We are headquartered in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
We are proud to have been certified as a Great Place to Work for two consecutive years (2021 and 2022); awarded one of The Best Workplaces in 2021; and selected as a Finalist (ranked in the top five) by CanadianSME for Fastest Growing Company 2021 and Startup Business of the Year 2021.
Who is at the frontier of our success?
Our people. Our people make it all possible. That's why we seek to grow our team with individuals who desire to stay on course the Frontier TRACK.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at Frontier Dental Supply Inc. from our very own employees on our Glassdoor page.
We’re rooting for you! We thank all candidates for taking the time to apply. However, only those candidates selected to move forward in our recruitment process will be contacted.
Here at Frontier Dental, we are a diverse team that nurtures an inclusive environment. We attribute our growth significantly to our ability to learn from one another’s perspectives. Frontier Dental values the unique skills and experiences of each of our candidates; recognizing that each prospective team member contributes to our efforts in building a diverse and inclusive place to work. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and are happy to provide accommodations upon request at all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require any disability-related accommodation to support your participation in our recruitment process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay