Do you value integrity and innovation? How about passion and caring? Great! Us too, and that's why you'll fit right in. Our intentional culture promotes trust and participation, encouraging you to bring your heart and mind to work every day.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management and administration of the day-to-day activities and resources related to corporate mail services, warehouse, filing services, and print services for SGI and its regional operations. In this role, you will be the conduit for communications between Facilities Management and Regina Operations staff informing of timing around scheduled projects, preventative maintenance, etc.
Note: This section is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities – other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Corporate Mail Services
- Ensures corporate mail is received and distributed in a reliable, timely, cost-effective, and efficient manner.
- Organizes, coordinates, and controls the workflow of mail and freight at head office.
- Establishes mail and freight processing priorities.
- Ensures documentation is complete and secured on incoming remittances and freight.
- Coordinates mass shipments.
- Ensures that the Corporate Warehouse provides efficient stock distribution to all departments, branches, issuers, and brokers.
- Ensures adequate inventory levels of forms, brochures, supplies, and stickers are maintained.
- Ensures minimal investments in inventories while satisfying corporate requirements.
- Oversees the maintenance of accurate stock and processing records, monitoring costs and the proper security and housekeeping of stock.
- Oversees the secure storage and/or shipment of cash settlement vouchers (cheques).
- Ensures detailed records of settlement vouchers are maintained from the time of delivery, including the usage and return of spent vouchers.
External Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Liaises with equipment and supplies vendors, courier and delivery companies/personnel, Canada Post Corporation, ensuring maximum benefit to the corporation is received through agreements for discounts and services contracted.
- Manages print and mail services vendor contracts across the regions, monitoring vendor performance to ensure services rendered meet business area ongoing needs, conform with the terms and conditions of the contract and taking appropriate action as required.
- Manages and coordinates the activities and responsibilities of print services operations for SGI and its regional operations.
- Monitors, manages, and improves the efficiency of the print support services including re-engineering current operational support processes.
- Supports projects led by other departments ensuring on time and on target delivery of all print services projects (i.e., promo product printing, batch customer correspondence, form duplication, program specific customer correspondence, training materials, manuals, etc.) for SGI and its regional operations.
- Resolves work or customer issues, provides technical/professional guidance, and recommends measures to improve print productivity and product quality.
- Requisitions materials and supplies maintaining inventory (i.e., high-speed printer toner, MICR cheque toner, paper stock including specialty paper and letterhead, cheque stock, envelopes, promotional inserts, postage machine supplies, etc.).
- Compiles and provides monthly reporting (i.e., print volumes, stuffing volumes, equipment downtime, etc.).
- Ensures all print services equipment is maintained and operational to meet service standards.
- Provides input into the annual and strategic plans, for print services, required to improve business operations.
- Leads the development, implementation and execution of a strategy focused on alternate print service delivery.
- Conducts industry analysis and best practice research to define the opportunities for adopting an alternate service delivery model.
- Researches and develops print service/technologies, measures, and communicates their strategic value in partnership with our customers.
- Liaises between Facilities Management and the Regina Operations Centre staff (i.e., notifications of projects, maintenance for generators and UPS, shutdowns, etc.)
- Builds a high performing workforce by actively leading human resource activities.
- Ensures development of divisional succession plans.
- Builds a culture of leadership and accountability to effectively deliver on strategic and corporate strategies, ensuring integration with employee performance development and career development plans.
- Drives performance through team members and is committed to leadership development across the company, supporting employees and workforce readiness through mentoring, training, and developmental opportunities.
- Ensures programs and policies are in alignment with corporate, strategic, and divisional strategies.
- Manages risk in area of authority.
- Prepares, reviews, manages and/or approves departmental/divisional budgets.
- Prepares decision requests, decision and/or information items and/or SGI board items.
- Ensures that the Health, Safety and Emergency Management Policy is applied in area of responsibility, including development, implementation and managing of program components specific to departmental health and safety requirements.
- Makes decisions for departmental operations that are efficient, effective and in alignment with strategic direction and priorities.
- Ensures department and program policies, procedures and guidelines follow applicable federal and provincial legislation and regulations; implements and evaluates changes to legislation and regulations in area of authority.
- Establishes and maintains an effective system of internal controls to support reliable financial reporting and compliance in accordance with applicable laws and regulations within the span of control and communicates the importance of internal controls to staff.
Education and Experience
- A four-year degree from an accredited post-secondary education institution in a relevant field of study such as Business or Information Technology.
- Eight years’ experience comprised of four years leadership and four years relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques required to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and control projects.
- Knowledge of managed print services best practices and their applicability to the corporation.
- Knowledge of business processes and how they interact to support the corporation's operations.
- Knowledge of organizational units and how they interact to support the corporation’s operations.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
Leader Level 3 – Applies (Team/Dept)
- Accountability - Provides Direction and Sets Expectations
- Business Acumen - Applies Broader Business Metrics and Understands the Internal and External Environment
- Change Agility - Makes Change Real for Others
- Leadership - Leads the Team
Posting Close Date:December 5, 2022
As you prepare to submit your application, and cover letter if applicable, please highlight the achievements that demonstrate why you're a great candidate for this role.