Requisition ID: 165657
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Purpose of Job:
The Manager, Analytics, will assist in the analysis, monitoring and reporting of Retail Credit Risk, Small Business & Wealth Management portfolios including monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for Scotiabank's senior management, investors and regulators. The Manager will play a key role in data management and reporting function efforts. The Manager is responsible for supporting Audit and Governance compliance requirements as needed. The Manager is responsible for the timely analysis and resolution of key data issues and assist with new project initiatives.
The Manager, Analytics is responsible for driving the key deliverables for Analytics & Data Management as related to monthly / quarterly reporting. Responsibilities include:
- Assist in the design, development, maintenance, and management of data in the EDL to provide complete, timely, accurate information in support of Retail Credit Risk analysis and reporting.
- Conduct business analysis of multiple sources for Canadian and International retail data. Develop and implement new data and reporting requirements as per the Retail Credit Risk Roadmap (HADOOP, Hue, SmartView, Tableau, SAS).
- Support monthly/quarterly executive and management reporting process by compiling and validating information from various sources. Assist in data interpretation and analysis; Support report updates on a short time frame in order to reflect management focus and message.
- Maintain technical and business documentation to comply with Regulatory, Governance and Audit requirements.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain credit risk reports in SAS, HADOOP, Hive/Hue, SQL Server, Excel, Tableau, Access, and VBA according to business or regulatory requirements. Validate and test reports and reconcile end-report with various information sources.
- Collect and author business and technical requirements/specifications. Ensure all processes are documented and appropriate controls are in place to satisfy audit/compliance requirements.
- Work with technology teams to identify issues and implement solutions. Respond promptly to ad hoc requests/queries
A minimum of five years of progressive, relevant and practical experience with leading financial organizations, preferably in risk management or IT fields, and a proven track record of success in the implementation/management of effective information systems.
To be successful in this role, the applicant should have experience and knowledge of complex multi-dimensional computer systems, programming, testing, problem solving and systems analysis. Technical skills must include:
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence and process automation software packages.
- Data Warehousing knowledge & experience, including the management of multiple data sources.
- Experience with manipulating large and complex databases.
Maintaining a broad knowledge of current technology and practices; must have experience with the following:
- SQL, SAS, Python, VBA.
- Hadoop technology / tools (incl HIVE/HUE, SmartView, Tableau, Talend, Power BI.
- Data Management, Database Design including data modeling.
Knowledge and experience in the following areas are essential:
- Knowledge of retail credit products, policies, portfolios and delivery systems.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver under tight deadlines
- Substantial risk reporting experience will be required together with an understanding of risk data and statistics.
- A strong knowledge of the Bank’s technical platform applications.
- Industry knowledge of trends and best practices.
- Must be accurate and thorough; effective time management; strong teamwork and communication skills
- A University degree (or equivalent work experience) in statistics, mathematics or computer science
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.