We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Manager, Fraud Contact Services for Identify Theft Response you will provide tactical guidance and specialized knowledge relating to CIBC Visa Credit Card fraud to the department staff. You will also be responsible for the development of staff and to provide a supportive environment where trust, teamwork and accountability are exhibited.
Please note: ITR is a open 7 am midnight 7 days a week. Schedule flexibility is required as well as hybrid working model of work from home and being in office for leadership coverage.
How You’ll Succeed
- People Leadership - Provide leadership and effective management of business unit staff to influence employee commitment to the organization, to the team. Set appropriate context when assigning work to ensure that individuals’ roles support the achievement of the business unit’s priorities and CIBC’s overall goals. Build team and individual capabilities by providing development opportunities such as job shadowing, special projects, and training.
- Subject Matter Expert - Act as second point of escalation to resolve customer issues and/or complaints. Identify, research and analyze new fraud/risk industry trends in order to make recommendations, continually improve or enhance design and development of services, processes and customer improvements, in line with CIBC’s policies and procedures. Complete documentation to support proposals and recommendations, for senior management review and approval.
- Collaboration - Work with the management teams within Fraud Loss Prevention & Investigations, Account Activity Fraud, Portfolio Management, Card products Division as well as other internal/external partners with respect to technologies and projects that are associated with fraud issues and prevention measures to minimize risk while maintaining an excellent level of customer service.
Who You Are
- You are a bold and authentic leader. You’re passionate about developing and coaching to bring out the best in people. You have lead diverse, high preforming teams.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You can demonstrate experience in fraud or loss prevention from a retail banking environment or equivalent fraud monitoring. You have working knowledge of Access, Outlook, Excel, ICBS/CRS, and COINS/COLT. You have Knowledge of risk management principles, policies and procedures and ability to apply knowledge in a large, complex organization in a time sensitive and accurate manner to minimize customer impact and loss to CIBC.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
What you need to know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Job LocationToronto 750 Law Ave.W., EG
SkillsCommunication, Leadership, People Leadership, Prioritization, Teamwork