At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
We are looking for a client-centric, partnership marketer with a passion for building and delivering outstanding campaigns to join the Global Partnerships team. Reporting to the Director, Global Partnerships, you will focus on the strategic building and execution of sport marketing partnerships for some of the world’s leading and emerging brands.
- Lead a portfolio of integrated partnerships; build strong and trusted business relationships with senior clients through regular and pro-active contact, continually seeking to elevate partnerships.
- Understand a dynamic marketing mix; including digital, social media, experiential, print and broadcast; equipped with creativity and innovative ideas.
- Lead and inspire a team of emerging partnership marketing professionals; provide coaching on their roster of accounts and offer timely and meaningful feedback.
- Provide thought leadership to partners during the ideation phase and throughout delivery; raise the bar of creativity and strategic delivery.
- Develop a deep and detailed understanding of the partners' business and competitive environment in order to continually deliver against business objectives for both the partner and MLSE.
- Build and execute creative, integrated marketing solutions that deliver against partner objectives and drive affinity for our teams in the marketplace.
- Develop, lead and be accountable for individual partner budgets with monthly and year-end reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with internal partners cross-functionally to fulfill responsibilities, share information and execution activations.
- Utilize data to drive decision making for program optimization and develops detailed post-mortems on programs and year-end reports.
- Proactively identify and manage critical issues; demonstrate resilience and adapt to evolving plans and strategies; where conflicting issues on partnerships arise, able to find solutions along with the internal team.
- You are a creative, energetic and an organized thought leader, driven to deliver breakthrough and compelling multi-platform marketing and digital solutions.
- You have 5-7 years of demonstrated success in a marketing, strategy and/ or partnership marketing role with knowledge of integrated channels including Digital, Social Media, Experiential and Broadcast.
- You have managed, coached, inspired and been inspired by a team of 2 or more in an inclusive, empathetic and empowering manner.
- You are inclusive and insightful; you seek to understand how others view and experience the world.
- You are up for a challenge: a demanding position where you can share in the wins of the organization alongside your colleagues across various departments.
- You are a high performing individual and leader who brings positive and uplifting energy to work every day.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. You are able to work during some events in the evenings and weekends when applicable – this is the sports and entertainment business, after all.
- You build and maintain excellent relationships with both clients and colleagues.
- You welcome and provide constructive feedback; you love to learn and ask questions, and you can step out of your comfort zone.
- You have excellent client communication skills, presentation skills and confidence in leading conversations.
- You are responsible, accountable and solutions-focused; you deliver on promises and take initiative.
- You are honest and direct; you believe that good enough just isn’t enough.
- You are naturally curious and creative, seeking to constantly learn and share new trends and best practices.
- You are able to think long-term, see the big picture, strategize accordingly, and obtain buy-in at a variety of levels and across a variety of departments.
Apply by: October 5, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.