Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc.
Manager, Global Technology
At Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc., we fuel the creative journey. We have played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We have nurtured some of music's most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time. Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we are committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc. is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
Sony Music Canada is looking for an exceptional professional to join the IS&T Global Technology team. As a Manager, Global Technology, you will be responsible for providing end-user support, system setup and troubleshooting for PC and Macintosh computers and mobile phones, for all assigned business units, in accordance with company procedures, policies and standards.
The Manager, Global Technology will have a strong understanding of computer troubleshooting in a LAN/WAN environment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
- Support of the daily activities of the PC and Mac local and branch users, to include, as needed, setup, install, training, organizing, patching and planning
- Provide enhancements and maintenance and coordinate resolution for all hardware and software issues for local and branch users
- Provide support for PCs and Macintosh, peripherals, mobile and conference room devices.
- Participate and perform data backup and restore activities
- Responsible for security administration, tracking requests, creating accounts and/or submitting requests to appropriate system owners
- Monitor Saleforce (Helpdesk ticketing system) Queues for all PC and Macintosh related operational issues or emergencies
- Provide Executive Support as required to the Senior Management team
- Provide a high level of customer service and technical support for all client groups
- Plan the deployments of new computers, operating systems, and application upgrades
- Work closely with client groups, measuring performance against customer requirements and recommend modifications to existing systems or development of new systems as needed. Plan and coordinate projects to meet future needs
- Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems
- Provide afterhours support for clients as needed
- Maintain Knowledge Base with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems
- Oversee the Manager, Application & Network Support
- The work environment is fast-paced, and the ideal candidate will have the ability to inspire clear, careful, and well-communicated outcomes on a wide number of matters in time-sensitive situations.
- A minimum of 4 year of relevant professional experience in a multi-platform environment with Macintosh/Windows operating systems
- A bachelor’s degree and Apple/Windows operating systems Certification(s) are preferred
- Strong customer service, technical and communication skills
- A passion for computers and technology and a strong desire to help others
- Has proficiency with installation and troubleshooting of PC’s and Macintosh Laptops and peripherals.
- Has through knowledge and understanding of Macintosh OS and Windows Operating systems, Google Workspace, Office O365, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint and Adobe applications suite
- Has experience in setting up iOS and Android devices
- Has a through knowledge and understanding of Network concepts
- Preferred experience with Active Directory, Azure and JAMF
- Experience implementing new systems including creating or contributing to deployment plans, creating documentation and guides, and comfortable hosting training sessions one on one or with groups of non-technical users
What We Give You:
- A modern, diverse, and innovative work environment
- An investment in your learning & development
- An excellent range of benefits, including health and dental group insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability plans, Group RRSP Pension scheme, tuition reimbursement, and EAP program, Health Spending/Lifestyle Benefit
- Winter recess (office closure Christmas through New Year’s)
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our HR team. Reasonable accommodation will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Covid Screening and Proof of Vaccination is required.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- information technical support: 4 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON